Question about Google Android
I have my Droid X set to ring for an incoming call (Android "Bell Phone" ringtone), and I have "phone vibrate" unchecked, but incoming calls continue to make the phone vibrate with no ring. How can I fix this?
Found on Motorola Support:
1. Make sure that the "Smart Profile: Face Down" feature is enabled.
2. Hold the phone face up in your palm.
3. Call your Droid X from another phone.
4. As the phone is vibrating, DO NOT ANSWER.
5. Still holding the phone, flip the phone face down as it vibrates.
6. Still holding it face down, hit your volume key to silence the phone.
7. Flip the phone back over so it's face up. You should feel a quick vibrating jolt indicating the ringer is back on.
8. End the call. It shouldn't matter which phone you end the call from, as feeling the jolt is the key.
9. Leave phone face up and call yourself again. If the ringer is now working again, turn OFF "Smart Profile: Face Down" until there's a true fix.
10. If it does not work initially, try all of the steps again a few more times and hope you get lucky.
Posted on Sep 27, 2010
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 10, 2015 | Sony Xperia C1904 Android Smart Phone with...
Aug 27, 2011 | Nokia 6300 Cellular Phone
Jan 25, 2011 | Samsung T239 Cell Phone
Jan 16, 2011 | HTC EVO 4G Smartphone
Feb 22, 2010 | NorStar T7316E Corded Phone
Sep 15, 2009 | LG Xenon GR500 Cell Phone
Nov 19, 2008 | Nokia 3120 Cellular Phone
Aug 09, 2008 | Nokia 2630 Cell Phone (Unlocked) - Black
Dec 12, 2007 | LG enV VX9900 Cellular Phone
1,752 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: