Question about JVC Televison & Video
My jvc rm-sxv074u dvd player keeps stalling. It's only happened since I changed the region code via a web hack. How do I reset the player back to it's factory settings?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: region code
1. Open the tray
2. press the following sequence using the number keys: 98790 (this is equivalent to the code 9879 with the zero at the end representing all regions)
3. Press Close Tray - there should be a sign on the TV screen saying something like 'Region set to 0'
4. Turn off the DVD player for 5 seconds
5. Turn on the DVD player.
Posted on Jul 06, 2008
From another site...
Region code hack posted by mairel, December 18 2007:
A greeting to all, good after point to look for and to break the head, I could convert to multizona my DVD, I count them that I stay fillet. here they go them the procedures, I hope it serves them. 100% guaranteed.
1. Turn on
2. Open the tray
3. Press 0000 in RC
4. Change to any region you want 0 for region free
5. Press Pause
6. Turn off
7. Turn on again and enjoy
Posted on May 15, 2009
You can try to use this tip,
which is generally used for all these Samsung models:
I think that P-241 is about the same of P-233, which is unlocked with
this tip. You can try, and then answer me if worked.
1. Make sure that there is no disc in the tray and switch on the player.
2. Cold start the player, by holding down the PLAY and STOP buttons on the player.
3. You should see a set of language options. Release the PLAY and STOP buttons.
4. Select your language.
5. Press REPEAT then the following codes for the required region the player is already set to (region you bought the player in) do not confuse this with the A-B button:
Region 1 - 2, 9, 3, 3, 4
Region 2 - 3, 8, 7, 6, 7
("E series M105", M205 and M305 users try: 57538)
Region 3 - 5, 6, 7, 3, 2
Region 4 - 7, 6, 8, 8, 4
Region 5 - 5, 3, 8, 1, 4
Region 6 - 2, 4, 4, 6, 2
6. A code will appear, indicating the region setting of your player.
7. Press 9 for region-free, or 1 for region 1, 2 for region 2, etc.
8. Press OPEN/CLOSE on the Player to open the disc tray. You may need to push the tray shut rather than use the player button, in order for the region not to be changed to 4 (M203).
9. Press STANDBY (POWER) on the remote control to close the tray. Next time the player is turned on it will set to the region specified. If the player halts on the FBI Warnings, press Forward Search x2 or faster.
On some models, you will have the ability to disable Macrovision, but you will have to turn off the Quasi-PAL option and set the SCART output type to Video rather than RGB.
Posted on Jul 09, 2009
Turn on power. Open lid. Enter 9735 with the remote and press 'enter', you can choose between making your player region-free or a different region in addition to R1. Select the desired region unlock and press 'enter'.
Posted on Dec 06, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 03, 2016 | JVC HR-XVC1U DVD-VCR Combo
Jul 09, 2011 | Sylvania DVL700D DVD Player
Jul 08, 2011 | Televison & Video
Jul 08, 2011 | Televison & Video
Mar 05, 2010 | JVC XV-N322 DVD Player
Aug 15, 2009 | Televison & Video
Jul 03, 2009 | Samsung DVD-P181 DivX DVD Player
Jun 18, 2008 | Televison & Video
Oct 20, 2017 | JVC Televison & Video
184 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!