Question about Car Audio & Video
you can find an information on how to get your player off safe mode by checking the sound system manual. But if you don't have the sound system manual, you can follow the below steps because that's what's on the manual.
Perform the steps in exactly the following order:
1. Turn on the Radio. "Safe" will appear in the display.
2. After 3 seconds, the number "1000" will appear in the display.
3. Use the radio station preset buttons 1 to 4 to enter the code number found on your Radio Card. (which was in the first page of Sound manual)
Use preset button 1 to enter the first digit in the code number. Use button 2 to enter the second digit, etc. The value range for each of the 4 digits is "0-9". The digit will increase by 1 each time you tap the preset button. The number returns to "0" after 9".
4. After you finish entering the code, press the right side (">") of the SEEK button for longer than 2 seconds until you hear an audible signal.
5. If you have entered the code number correctly, "LSM" will appear in the display.
If you've accidentally entered a wrong code number, "SAFE" will appear in the display. Initially it will flash, then stay on.
You can repeat the procedure again one time. (So, 2 attempts then 1 hour locked). If the wrong code number is entered again, the unit will be disabled for about 1 hour. Leave the unit on and the key in the ignition switch for this hour.
At the beginning of the manual, as other said, it states that dealership will help you free of charge. (apparently, they don't)
I hope this helps to solve your problem.
Posted on Jul 29, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 31, 2015 | Vehicle Parts & Accessories
Feb 20, 2015 | Car Audio & Video
Sep 13, 2011 | 1998 Volkswagen Beetle
Jun 30, 2011 | 2002 Volkswagen Beetle Turbo S
Jun 29, 2011 | 2000 Volkswagen Beetle
Jun 18, 2011 | 1998 Volkswagen Beetle
Apr 18, 2011 | 2000 Volkswagen Beetle
Jun 04, 2009 | 2000 Volkswagen Beetle
Aug 02, 2008 | 1998 Volkswagen Beetle
35 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!