Question about Sony KV-LX34M80 34" TV
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: color problem
Sony TVs has an Optical Block issue. If there is an issue with the optical block, then there will be green, blue patches or tint on the TV display. Try resetting the TV to the factory settings and try Power resetting the TV. Turn Off the TV and remove the power plug from the wall outlet for 1 minute and reconnect it and check the operation. If the issue still persists, then TV may require service. You can contact the Customer relations team and check for the available options. Sony had repaired free of cost for such issues. Hence, contact the customer relations.
Posted on Jul 26, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 05, 2016 | Sony Televison & Video
Mar 04, 2015 | Sony KV-LX34M80 34" TV
Aug 26, 2011 | Sony KV-13M10 13" TV
Jun 13, 2011 | Sony KV-20M40 20" TV
Jul 25, 2010 | Sony KV-LX34M80 34" TV
Oct 26, 2009 | Sony KV-27V36 27" TV
You have a problem with the three factors, and they are screen voltage, focus voltage, and control (focus 2) voltage. Basically these voltages have to be adjusted since the components in this section have aged some. These controls are usually located in the television on the IHVT (Integrated High Voltage Transformer) or as it is also called the flyback transformer. these controls must be adjusted together, along with the color controls. Here is how the adjustment is done (You will need a schematic diagram, a DC volt meter, and a color bar generator to do these measurments):
1) turn color and tint fully counter clockwise until you have a black and white picture.
2) connect the color bar generator to the TV (ch 3) and turn it on, you should see bars in various shades of gray
3) adjust as best as possible the color and tint controls to obtain the color bars on the screen Red Green Blue.
4) measure the voltages on the focus, screen and control grids of the CRT and match them to the schematic digram measurements.
5) adjust the focus screen and control grids to match the ones on the schematic diagram
6) once this is done then you adjust the color controls once again to obtain the red green and blue bars on the TV screen.
This should help if the CRT (picture tube) electron guns are still good and if the flyback transformer voltage supply is working.
However if you do not have a background in electronics please take the TV to a shop for repairs.
I hope this helps,
Oct 16, 2007 | Sony KV-20M20 20" TV
Sep 30, 2007 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-27FS100 27" TV
277 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: