- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
u need to have a modem that can send receive fax, then install faxing software in computer, install dell drivers then setup modem, and send recieve program, to send fax u scan n save then use fax program to use image sometimes it may scan and send at same time? read manual with program
When you remove plastic cover, wich is above paper cass. you will be able to see long black plastic with white scanner section.In the midlle is handle. You need to open and very vell close it - THIS IS SCANING PLATFORM.
The error message 242 appears in HP Photomart C7180, when the remote machine (the fax machine at Fax Sender side), is having problem, and it is trying to receive fax instead of sending. So actually both these machines try to receive the fax at the same time.
On many fax machines it is possible to accediently initiate the fax reception when:
1. The paper is not loaded in the machine
2. Or The paper is not correctly loaded.
You may contact the fax sender to check the above things. There is absolutely no problem with machine at your end.
Please check that the Phone line for faxing is connected to a seperate NON FILTERED phone line. Not to the dsl line. You can use a line splitter for this. Also the dial up modem may need to remain in your computer for the fax software to dial out. Hope this helps.
Dear guys, your toner cartridge is low and as a preventive measure, the unit stores the faxes in order to give priority to copying and printing. If you are using remanufactured cartridges, the unit might not be displaying the low toner warning.
NOTE this option may vary to printer try USING OPTIONS TO SET CHANGES
To resolve the problem, try the steps below. After each step, try to send a fax again.
1. As some fax machines are not capable of receiving color faxes, legal size faxes, or faxes at 200x200 dpi resolution, make sure you are sending an A4 or letter size (not legal size) page at standard resolution: * Press the Black button for a black-and-white fax. Press the Quality button to check the selected resolution. 2. Make sure the All-In-One has enough memory free when you want to save the scanned documents into memory before sending the fax. Please refer to the following document: Click here to link to the relevant document. Note: The scanned documents will only be saved in the memory before the whole fax is sent if the Scan Before Dial option is turned on. (This is the factory default.) Up to 50 black-and-white fax pages can be stored in memory at standard resolution when there are no pending faxes in the queue. 3. Turn off the Scan Before Dial option by pressing the following keys on the operator panel: 1. Press the Fax button, then press Options untill u see ADVANCED FAX mode. 2. Press Select. 3. Press Options nine times until SCAN BEFORE DIAL appears on the LCD display. 4. Change the setting from Yes to No using the + (right arrow) button. 5. Press Select. Note: The Scan Before Dial option controls whether a document is scanned before a call is dialed. This parameter only applies to a mono fax that uses either 200x100 or 200x200 resolution. Higher resolution mono faxes and all color faxes are scanned after the call is dialed and the receiving machine's capabilities are known. 4. Lower the fax transmission speed 9600 bps, as some older fax machines are not capable of receiving a fax at a high speed. To do so: 1. Press the Fax button, then press Options untill u see ADVANCED FAX. 2. Press Select. 3. Press Options untill u see until MAX SEND SPEED appears on the LCD display. 4. Change it to 9600 BPS using the - (left arrow) button. 5. Press Select. 5. Turn off ECM (Error Correction Mode) by pressing the following keys on the operator panel: 1. Press the Fax button, then press untill u see to get to ADVANCED FAX. 2. Press Select. 3. Press untill u see ERROR CORRECTION appears on the LCD display. 4. Change the setting from On to Off using the + (right arrow) button. 5. Press Select.