Question about Computers & Internet
Dirt between the buttons can be one reason, another is wear between the contacts, keyboard is easy cleaned, just put it upside down and use stiff brush to clean between the buttons.
if contacts are dirty, usually caused by spill (my son spill coffe at least twice a year on keyboard during last 10 years of his programming...). easy way is to if use corded keyboard (if wireless start from step3)
1. switch off the computer
2. remove keyboard cable from socket
3. remove batteries if installed
4. turn keyboard upside down
5. remove all screws
6. turn back to correct position
7. remove top frame (with keys)
8. check for any physical debris and remove if any
9. lift rubberised pad and whipe bottom of it with methylated spirit, allow to dry
10. check if plastic film can be separated, if so, whipe each layer with methylated spirit, do not under any circumstances break any of printed conduit lines.
11. when all is dry, put all back together in reverse order. watch for little springs present in some models.
12. go to shop and buy new keyboard... they are about $5.00 to $250.00 in that broad range you can find something suitable and affordable...
this is general description of the keyboard "gizzards", they vary slightly between the brands but principle is this same. if you have keyboard made before 1994, it will be electro-mechanical switches and that will cause more trouble...
Posted on Jul 29, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 21, 2018 | PANDIGITAL Computers & Internet
200 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!