Used unit 1 year with no problems. Today I cannot use remote control. Changed batteries; no use. Can turn on and off unit directly only. Unit displays time and channel number. Any other button of remote yields "SET 1" on display. I cannot find anything in manual about this.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Note: most remotes allow you to find the code by manually turning the TV (or other device) on first, then press the appropriate button (cable, DVD, surround, etc) then setting the the remote in the "program" mode, then keep pushing the "off/power" button until the TV (or other device) turns off, at that point the code is set.
All universal remotes work about the same. Try this. Here you go. This will work with most all universal remote controls. If you don't have the code do the following: Automatic Programming With automatic programming, the remote control tests all the codes available on the Code List and assigns the correct code for the selected device. Although this method can be more time-consuming, it eliminates the need to look up codes and enter them manually.
1. Turn off the device with which you want to use the remote control.
2. Press and hold the corresponding button on the remote control (TV, VCR, SAT, DVD, CAB or AUD) until POWER INDICATOR illuminates. It should take a couple of seconds for the light to remain solid. The remote control is in programming mode.
3. Press and release power button. The POWER INDICATOR flashes once and stays on indicating the unit is in Power Scan mode.
4. Press CHANNEL up or CHANNEL down repeatedly until the device turns on.
5. When the device turns on, press OK to store the code.
Note: • To exit without storing the code, press BACK. • T he unit will search for the next code or the previous code if you press CHANNEL up or CHANNEL down after the device turns on. (go slow you need to press OK when the TV turns on) if you mess up turn TV off and start over. 6. Press any other button. If the device responds, the remote control has been programmed. If the device does not respond, repeat steps 2-5.
Fill free to ask me questions about anything..........................
Afraid only the original remote will fix this. All universals and aftermarket remotes will not have the function you need. try going here www.vancebaldwin.com and use there remote finder and see if they have the one you need