Question about General Electric Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I accidentally put metallic threads in my ge microwave (PVM1870SM1SS); caught fire and shut down all the power to the microwave. I have no power at all no light or clock...no nothing Is there a internal fuse inside the unit? Have I killed my microwave?

Posted by Anonymous on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Master
  • 2,468 Answers

There is an internal fuse,if your lucky thats all it is,but if there was an actual fire then it may be time for a new unit depending upon the extent of damage

Posted on Jul 28, 2010

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Microwave oven not heating


This a good indicator the magnetron is gone, sometimes leaves odour that is destinctive.

Jun 19, 2012 | GE Profile PVM1790DRCC Microwave

1 Answer

I have GE Profile microwave model PVM1870SM1SS and last week while running, suddently it shut off. There is no power, display buttons and stopped running. Please advise.


From the description a major part has failed, the magnetron is suspect because it suddenly shut down in cycle, if the unit is less than 7 years old it probably has a inverter board and tends to fail, also there is the possibility the keypad control board has stopped working. The microwave in my opinion is worth getting checked out and repaired, but it will be expensive.

Apr 03, 2012 | GE Profile Spacemaker 1.8 Cu. Ft....

1 Answer

A paper towel caught fire in my GE Microwave, now it has no power.


Since the inside of the microwave caught fire, the main fuse has blown, there is probably damage to the magnetron "heats food" the interior has been burned, which will bring safety isses into play. I recommend a professional assess the situation on the grounds of cost and safety.

Mar 09, 2012 | GE SpaceMaker Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Over heating and shuting off


I am not surprised! Cloth of anysort is not recommended to be placed in a microwave oven!

That includes undies and socks which many try to speed the drying time of.

Regarding the popcorn.. The oven is overheating due to a possible containment in a hutch, where insufficient airflow is available to lower the temperature. Pull the unit away from the wall to allow more airflow, clean the vents and help it breathe.

Please rate my help++++Thanks for using FIXYA

Mar 24, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Paper caught fire in microwave. microwave power


check breaker in your home electrical panel...make sure all are on

Nov 08, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

My mothers Kenmore countertop microwave oven caught on fire late one evening. She remembers nothing of the fire circumstances as she was in a burn center for six weeks. My sister had the same model...


There is a GE/Kenmore recall: http://injurylaw.reganfirm.com/2007/12/articles/defective-products/cpsc-notice-ge-ge-profile-kenmore-microwave-ovens-recalled/. I don't know if your relative's models are involved. I suggest that you file an incident report with the Consumer Product Safety Commission.

Aug 03, 2009 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Replace burned inside ceiling of microwave?


Do Not Use The Microwave. If You Need Parts Try Finding A Part Number And Use Ge To Order Parts. Click Here To Order Parts

Jan 15, 2009 | GE JEM31 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

It don't heat anything any more. power is on turns counts food doesn't even get warm. i bought this unit from wal-mart in Joplin Missouri. 4/18/08 Wal-mart will not help me because it out of there 90 day...


one would surely assume that a product would last more than 5 months. of course you know not to put metal in a microwave, so the real question is, have you ever cooked bacon in it? I can assure you that this is a very bad idea, as the grease gets sucked up into the fan and distributed all over the sensitive circuitry inside the unit. mine actually caught on fire while cooking bacon, so now we are back to the skillet. in conclusion, the micron is probaly fried in it and it is not worth fixing. chunk it and get a new one.

Sep 11, 2008 | GE Microwave Ovens

Not finding what you are looking for?
General Electric Microwave Oven Logo

Related Topics:

139 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top GE Microwave Ovens Experts

D. E. Hev

Level 3 Expert

1168 Answers

 Larry
Larry

Level 2 Expert

115 Answers

Shekar Avadhani

Level 2 Expert

61 Answers

Are you a GE Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...