Question about Hoover SteamVac Carpet/Upholstery Deep Cleaner Vacuum
Check the filter screen to make sure it isn't clogged, if yours has that foam filter under the dirty water tank lid, there needs to be a 1/4 or so space beween the filter and the top of the lid. Other then that your turbine may be bad, that is what drives the brush block. Take the brush block out, is the shaft on it or did it get broken off, if it did, that shaft is what goes into the turbine and it can't turn if it is broken.
Posted on Apr 24, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 18, 2016 | Dyson Vacuums
on Jun 26, 2011 | Vacuums
CARPETS OR HARD FLOORS
• The brush bar will always default to 'ON' (spinning) each time you switch the
appliance 'ON' and recline it for cleaning.
• The brush bar will not rotate when the appliance is upright.
• To switch the brush bar 'OFF' (e.g. for delicate rugs and hard floors):
- switch the appliance 'ON'
- recline the appliance
- press the brush bar 'ON/OFF' button - the brush bar will stop spinning.
• The brush bar will automatically stop if it becomes obstructed. See 'Brush bar -
• Before vacuuming your flooring, rugs and carpets, check the manufacturer's
recommended cleaning instructions.
• Some carpets may fuzz if a rotating brush bar is used when vacuuming. If this
happens, we recommend vacuuming in 'hard floor' mode and consulting with
the flooring manufacturer.
• The brush bar on the appliance may damage some carpet types. If you are
unsure, turn 'OFF' the brush bar.
Dec 31, 2014 | Dyson Bagless Upright Vacuum DC41 Animal
Feb 02, 2013 | Bissell Cleanview Helix Deluxe Bagless...
Sep 22, 2012 | Dyson DC25 All Floors Bagless Upright...
Jun 28, 2011 | Hoover SteamVac F5914-900 SpinScrub...
Jun 01, 2011 | Bissell 6594 PowerForce Bagless Upright...
Feb 16, 2011 | Miele Vacuums
Aug 14, 2008 | Dyson DC07 Bagless Upright Cyclonic Vacuum
31 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!