Question about NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Router
All lights are blinking, I am having signal strength issues with Time Warner Telecom but I think at the same time, my Netgear WPN824 is going bad too.
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Steps to troubleshoot are as follows.
1. check the physical connections. Go to a broadband testing site to see if you are connecting correctly b/c i am assuming you are wanting to connect to the internet. if not see next step. A common problem with internet connections is the timeout setttings on netgear you should set it to 0 for indefinite.
2. if your problem is related to just the connection between your pc and your router then you should just plug a lan cable in first to see if you can connect to the router without dropouts. This will help you to determine if the problem is with the router.
3. If it is the router then you need to double check your router configurations. Common problems are firewall rules, port forwarding settings etc etc.
4. if it is not the router then double check that the pc and the network card is working properly. If it is then make sure the the wireless adapter support the protocl eg. wep, wpa, wpatsk etc..make sure they are the same and that you should be setting the network key.
5. one final check is you need to turn off some of the rangemax functionality on the router b/c your wireless adaptor probably doesnt support it. try unsecure connections for a while to see if it works then start adding functionality to determine which one is the culprit.
I hope this help.
Posted on Dec 31, 2007
access the router page and you will see the wireless settings. if your wireless network is password protected then you may have to enter the password in order for the wireless router to connect.
Posted on Oct 06, 2008
u need to loginto the router page
on the left side of the screen u will see an option called WANsetup under advanced
1.disable spi firewall
2.nat filtering to open
apply the setting
it must work
Posted on Dec 17, 2008
You will need to actually login to the router, usually the ip address is 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1
Type that address into the address bar of internet explorer.
Usually the usernaem and password is some type of combination of admin and password
Or try admin and no password, etc.
Once logged in there should be a main status page that shows up and will dispaly the router's firmware version
Hope this helps!
Posted on Jul 08, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 04, 2015 | Casio Mens WV200A-1AV Waveceptor Atomic...
Oct 30, 2010 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Router
Mar 18, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRE54G Repeater
Jun 13, 2009 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Router
Apr 29, 2009 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Wireless Router...
Oct 24, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Oct 18, 2008 | LRD6399SWS Radar Detector
Sep 15, 2008 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Router
114 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!