Question about Toro Lawn Mower With Toro Power Tools
I have a TORO LX500 Riding Mower. I am needing a diagram and/or instructions on replacing a DRIVE BELT. Model No. 13AP60RP744
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Wait until the mower cools off
1. Remove the drive belt cover from the top of the mower
2. Tip the mower up, being careful to not go too far or the oil and fuels may spill out
3. Remove the mower blade - as I recall the bolt is 5/8" (could be 9/16") You will have to hold the blade from turning (if you have impact tools, this will be much easier)
4. Remove the blade
5. Pull the pulley out or off and remove the belt - be careful to not lose the crankshaft "woodruff" key - it's the little piece of half/moon shaped metal that keeps the pulley from spinning on the crankshaft.
6. Reverse the steps to reinstall
You MUST make sure the blade is tight when you reinstall it. Also, the blade usually fits over a couple of pins - make sure they are lined up properly and the blade is installed right-side up.
Posted on Mar 19, 2009
Try taking the back wheels off and lubricating the joint cogs and wheels with ,say, 3 in 1 oil . The dealer recommended doing this once every couple of years as preventative maintenance when I bought mine , and it has solved sticking problems for me .
Posted on Sep 12, 2009
need the ser number of the unit. the pulley don't split its one part, i need the ser number . this is no easy job. good luck
Posted on Oct 13, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 23, 2018 | Toro Garden
May 07, 2016 | Mtd Garden
Nov 06, 2015 | Toro Garden
Jan 12, 2015 | Toro Garden
Mar 16, 2011 | Toro The Company Z 42" Recycler Kit 2007+
Aug 04, 2010 | Toro Lawn Mower With Toro Power Tools
Jul 03, 2010 | Toro Garden
Sep 09, 2009 | Toro Lawn Mower With Toro Power Tools
Jun 21, 2017 | Toro Lawn Mower With Toro Power Tools
1,390 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: