Question about Bosch WFK 2401
Welcome to FixYa.
Based on your description you likely have a clogged drain pump/filter.
Here`s how to check since that would be the first logical place to start.
1) **Turn oiff the power or unplug the cord from the dryer or wall...ehichever applies to your set-up...safety first**
2) Water removal...remove toe panel.
3) Now bleed pump drain...A shallow pan is handy for this step.
3) remove pump filter, but be careful if you don't have a shop-vac or a shallow pan and towels you may get wet...
*Once you`ve gotten to this point you may have trouble removing the filter if it is really plugged up with debris. You might have to wiggle it back and forth as you twist and pull.
4) When you get the filter out, visually inspect inside the pump thoroughly with a flashlight and clean it out really well. It won`t take much to prevent these from draining. i.e. a penny, hair pin, buttons etc.
Let me know if you found anything in the pump and how you make out after that.
If you removed any obstruction, simply reassemble the unit making sure the filter is screwed in tight, run a quick rinse cycle to test for leaks before putting the toe panel back on and you should be good to go...save for any leaks.
There are other possible factors that can prevent the unit from draining or spinning out items properly, but we`ll cross that bridge when and if we get there.
Thank you for choosing FixYa, keep me posted on your situation.
Posted on Jul 28, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 20, 2013 | Bosch WFK 2401
Jul 21, 2011 | Bosch WFK 2401
Jun 13, 2011 | Bosch WFK 2401
Sep 22, 2017 | Bosch Axxis WFL 2060 Front Load Washer
Mar 19, 2010 | Washing Machines
Mar 23, 2009 | Bosch WFK 2401
Mar 04, 2009 | Bosch WFK 2401
Aug 24, 2008 | Bosch Axxis+ WFR 2460 Front Load Washer
46 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: