Question about Rowenta Vacuums
Hi. Here's the procedure on how to torbuleshoot the issue.
1. Make sure there's enough water in the tank if the iron won't steam. Fill the tank up.
2. Check that the iron is set to a steam setting. Some of the settings are dry and won't create steam.
3. Set the temperature dial to the shaded setting which represents steam. You'll see a little dark cloud-type icon with raindrops as opposed to a white cloud with a stripe through it. The dark cloud represents moisture (steam), and the white cloud with the stripe through it represents no steam.
4. Allow the iron to heat up for a while and to emit steam for a couple of minutes while pressing the extra-long burst button a few times. That should get rid of any impurities which can cause blockages. Try this if the iron hasn't been used for a while and steaming is intermittent.
5. Iron horizontally. Steam is only generated when the iron is horizontal.
6. Use the maximum steam setting when the iron is set to its maximum temperature setting.
7. Let the iron get to a high temperature before expecting steam. If the soleplate isn't hot enough, the water won't turn to steam and will in fact drip, spit or leak from the soleplate. Some Rowenta irons have an anti-drip system, which will turn off the steam when ironing at a low temperatures. Turn the temperature up, if needed.
All the best!
Posted on Jul 27, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 01, 2013 | Rowenta Effective Microsteam Self-cleaning...
Sep 17, 2011 | Vacuums
Jul 11, 2011 | Vacuums
Jun 20, 2011 | Rowenta Vacuums
Jun 09, 2011 | Rowenta Vacuums
Mar 10, 2011 | Vacuums
Dec 07, 2010 | Rowenta Vacuums
Aug 15, 2010 | Rowenta Vacuums
Jul 04, 2010 | Vacuums
284 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!