Question about Nikon D80 Body Only Digital Camera
I NEED SETTINGS FOR SHOOTING WILD LIFE ON A NIKON D80 WITH A 175-500MM SIGMA
1. Use Dynamic Focus. It enables you to track the animal if it is moving.
2. Focus on the animal's eyes. If the eyes are in focus, it will make the photograph.
3. I suggest spot metering with quick animals. It may wash out the background but you will get the shot of your 'prey'.
4. If the animal is stationary, stick between f8 - 11.
5. As far as possible, shoot just after dawn and before sunset. You get good light that way.
6. Try to frame the animal against the sky or some other light colour if the animal is dark or against a dark background (or the sky again) if the animal is light.
7. Switch off the beep sounds of the camera.
8. A good sturdy tripod.
9. Patience. Oodles of it.
10. I stay in Africa (for the time being) and enjoy photography. I usually go by these maxims. I hope they work for you.
Posted on Jun 18, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 29, 2014 | Nikon D80 Digital Camera
Feb 14, 2011 | Nikon D80 Body Only Digital Camera
Dec 14, 2010 | Digital Cameras
Dec 25, 2009 | Nikon D80 Digital Camera with 18-135mm...
Nov 15, 2009 | Nikon D80 Digital Camera with 18-135mm...
Jul 07, 2009 | Nikon D80 Digital Camera with 18-135mm...
Apr 02, 2009 | Nikon D80 Digital Camera with 18-135mm...
122 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: