Question about Broderbund American Greeting CreataCard Select 7 for PC
I hate Vista as well. i am trying to find a solution. my whole life over the past couple of years is wrapped up in the eventminder and fmnot32 files but after installing Creatacard on my machine with Vista, it will not recognize the files.
i open my address book, it's empty. i open my calendar it too is empty. how can i get this program to recognize the files i copied from the old machine? PLEASE HELP! i've tried everything including dragging them both over at the same time (file plus .BAK). i don't know what else to do.
Posted on Jun 27, 2008
I was having the same problems with Forget Me Not. I went to my old computer and into Windows explorer/C:/program files/creatacard. There you will find two files Data and Gold. I downloaded both those files on a thumb drive. I then went to my computer with Vista, and went to the same place. I deleted data and gold, I then went to my thumb drive and installed both Data and Gold on my computer with Vista. It now works find, I shut down Windows security alerts and also went to Start/creatacard and dropped down a list that said forgetme not tray icon, Things are now running fine. I hope this helps you all.
Posted on Oct 24, 2009
If you take the sound plug from your speakers it will work on windows 7, dont ask me why, but it was an accident, I didnt have my speakers pluged in and it worked, tried plugging my speakers back in and it wouldnt work
Posted on Sep 21, 2010
To run Create a Card 3 in Windows 7 you MUST be running either Professional or Ultimate version. The calendar will work, but the program will not.
Download and install the Windows Virtual PC, follow the instructions exactly
INSTALLATION OF CREATACARD, ORIGINAL CD AND PURCHASED VARIETY PACKS - this installation will preserve all of your variety pack purchases as well as any saved cards you have and your forgetmenot calendar data. (assuming you were wise enough to make a backup of your data and your vp.cc1 file) If you weren't wise enough, this installation will at least install a usable createacard program. There will be no way to repurchase or get back your purchased variety packs or even the plus to gold upgrade.
Open Start>All Programs>Windows Virtual PC>Windows XP Mode
When XP Mode starts, click on the START menu in the XP mode environment and click on RUN
1. Insert application cd to but instead of using autorun, in the Run box, type in X:\setup full (x represents theletter of your dvd drive) . This will install the entire program on your hard disk so you won't need to insert the program cd every time you want to run creatacard.
5. Code for Free fonts is 1513 - don't click on register, you've already registerd.
Click on the other button and insert the code.
2. Find YOUR copy of the vp.cc1 file in the WXP mode environment c:\windows directory - put a copy of it in the C:\programs\creatacard\Plus directory. This will make your purchased variety packs available on a new install of creatacard. Your copy is the one that holds the keys to all of your registered variety packs. If you don't have this copy then you will NOT be able to unlock your purchased packs. ALWAYS keep a backup copy of vp.cc1
Now that the program is installed - again open the WXP Start menu inthe WXP environment:
3. To use your purchased variety paces, Insert your Variety Packs CD and Run the Create A Card Variety Pack utility in the Start menu Create a Card folder. The utility will show each variety pack you have purchased, click on each one at a time and choose to use it either installed on on your hard disk (best choice if you don't want to have to insert the VP disk each time you need to use it) Choose the default Createacard Content folder.
6. Copy ALL of the data in your old CC Data Folder located in C:\programs\creatacard\Data to the Creatacard program Data folder in the WXP mode environment, C:\programs\creatacard\Data , this has all of your saved cards and your calendar information in it.
Posted on Jun 09, 2010
To make the program work, just change the user account control to administrator.
Posted on Jun 01, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 25, 2011 | Broderbund American Greeting CreataCard...
Jun 25, 2011 | Broderbund American Greetings Creatacard...
Mar 09, 2011 | Broderbund American Greeting CreataCard...
Mar 13, 2010 | Broderbund American Greetings Creatacard...
Dec 28, 2009 | Broderbund American Greetings Creatacard...
Dec 08, 2009 | Broderbund American Greetings Creatacard...
Aug 22, 2009 | Broderbund American Greetings Creatacard...
Feb 20, 2009 | Broderbund American Greetings Creatacard...
Aug 14, 2008 | Broderbund American Greetings Creatacard...
May 30, 2008 | Broderbund American Greetings Creatacard...
Nov 09, 2013 | Broderbund American Greeting CreataCard...
Apr 30, 2012 | Broderbund American Greeting CreataCard...
4,440 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: