a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The SIM card door is covered by a rubber casing that peels back. Pull back the rubber flap to access the SIM card door. The flap that needs to be pulled back is the top left corner of the Sidekick above the Menu key.
Insert the SIM card into the slot with the gold contacts facing up and the cut corner facing out. When you release the SIM card, make sure it is locked into position behind the catch so it does not spring out. Replace the bumper, and then turn on the device.
Here is your solution: Now follow these steps to a "T" don't do any shortcuts etc, this is "across the board" for all sidekicks it worked on my Sidekick Slide and on my Sidekick 2008.
1. Remove battery and the SIM card from the devise. 2. Flip the sidekick open; press and hold the letter "r" on the keypad 3. While holding the letter "r", place the battery back in the device. DO NOT INSERT SIM CARD YET. 4. The Sidekick will restart itself twice. Please make sure not to let the letter "r" go until it has fully rebooted. 5. Once it has fully rebooted, remove the battery, reinstall the SIM card and battery. 6. Power up device. 7. Once the device has fully rebooted, all prior information should be erased from the device and it should be restored back to the default factory setting.
Sorry, the sidekick II doesn't have a battery that can be pulled out. You need to pull back the bumper on one side to access the sim card slot.
Follow these instructions to remove your operator-supplied SIM card from your device:
Turn off your device by pressing the power on/off key.
Expose the SIM card slot by peeling back the bumper from the top-left edge of the device:
Press down on the silver "catch" and the SIM card will spring out of its slot. Remove the SIM card carefully. (Always handle your SIM card carefully since the card and gold contacts can be easily damaged by scratches or bends. Be sure to keep SIM cards out of reach of small children.)
Now insert the SIM card containing the contacts you want to import:
Insert the SIM card into its slot with the gold contacts facing up and the cut corner facing out.
When you release the SIM card make sure it is locked into position behind the catch so it doesn't spring out.
The SIM card slot on a Sidekick II is located on the top left corner of the device, under the rubber "bumper". The support section of T-Mobile's website has a diagram showing how to insert the SIM in a Sidekick 2.
hello, hope these instructions help:
1. To expose the SIM card slot, peel back the bumper from the top-left edge of the device. (fig 1)
2. Insert the SIM into the slot with the gold contacts facing forward and the cut corner facing out. (fig 2)
3. When you release the SIM, make sure it is locked into position behind the catch so it will not spring out.
4. Replace the bumper and turn on the device.
Any problems, let me know :) Si