Yesterday the computer was working just fine. Shut it down as usual but this morning when I went to turn it on, the screen remained blank. I tried restarting it several times using the power button and now there's a slight reddish tint to the dark screen and I can barely see the display. This computer is not under warranty. Help!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Turn your Dell 2200 laptop over.
2. Find the laptop battery release button lock for your Dell 2200 laptop.
3. Now that your Dell 2200 laptop battery is unlocked, find the battery release button down.
4. Holding the laptop battery release button, gently pull your battery away from the laptop.
5. Now that your Dell 2200 battery is removed, grab your replacement Dell 2200 battery for installation.
6. Insert the battery into the slot. Push the Dell 2200 battery towards the laptop and secure it in place.
That is good, it proves the problem is in the laptop display, the most likely issue is the inverter board, "located just below the LCD screen" the other less likely is the backlight just behind the LCD display.
that means the scren totally went down, there no way to fix, unless you send back to dell.
but there is a evsy way to use the bottom part that buy a extra LCD screen, so you can still using your laptop and display on the larger LCD screen
Thats just your computer ending the process of skype.
As for the pc shutting down automaticly it can be that its oveheating!!
On my Dell Inspiron 2200 I get the Blue Screen every 2 hours and I dont mind.
Might be bad memory
You backlight gave out you will need to have the display replaced.
contact acer www.acer.com access the support section and shoot them a email and get this repaired if its under warrenty! Otherwise the screen will cost you a whooping $179.00 labor around $89 bucks if someone had to do it for you.
Please do leave feedback and ratings for your totally free answer today.