Question about Samsung HCM5525W 55" Rear Projection Television
My TV has a red shadow line on all letters numbers and people. I have tried the auto convergence and the manual but the little crosses will not move togeather they wont move at all. Help
I have the same samsung 55 inch rear projection TV. Replaced the convergence board two years ago, and it is out again.
This time I will just replace the STK392 IC's. I have read that it is best to upgrade to the higher capacity onces, say the 110, 150 or 180. Question: Is this a direct replacement, or do you also have to replace any resistors to provide them different voltages.
I have seen several different opinions.
Posted on Apr 26, 2008
You need 2 convergence IC's this is an easy repair take the back off your tv and they are on the right hand side of the board mounted to the heat sinks check your ic's for the stk numbers it will either be STK392-010 OR STK392-040 you will need 2 of them I will post you a link where you can get replacement ic's as well as free online tech support and installation instructions with pictures for reasonable price
Posted on Apr 23, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 22, 2013 | Mitsubishi WS-65809 65" Rear Projection...
The List & Labels part of the setup lets you edit your channel list and choose or create a
personal six-character label for each channel.
Note: Changing List and Labels can be time consuming. You can change these at a later time by accessing the
1. Press the left or right arrow to scroll through the available channels and choose the
channel you want to edit.
2. Press the down arrow to highlight the In channel list option. Press the left or right arrow
button to add (the box is checked) or remove (the box is unchecked) the channel from the
3. Press the down arrow to highlight the Channel label option. Press the left or right arrow
button to scroll through the available list of 25 most common labels. The last option in
the list allows you to create your own six-character label for the channel (the first letter of
the label is highlighted).
4. Press the 1 or 2 number button to change the first letter of the label.
5. Press the right arrow to highlight the second letter, then press the 1 or 2 number button
to change the second letter, etc...
6. When you are finished creating your label, press OK. For model D34W20, your TV tunes to
the last channel available in your channel list. For models D40W20 and D52W20 only, the
Auto Convergence menu appears next.
Auto Convergence (for models D40W20 and D52W20 only)
Your TV's picture tubes might have been disturbed during delivery or after you moved the TV,
causing the color in your TV to be out of alignment. The colors adjust by starting auto
1. Press OK to begin auto convergence.
2. When the auto convergence is complete, the Red center convergence menu appears. The
cross in the middle of the screen should be yellow. If it is not, use the arrow buttons to
move the red cross to overlap the green cross. Press OK when adjustments are complete.
3. The Blue center convergence menu appears with a cyan cross in the middle of the screen. If
it is not, use the arrow buttons to move the blue cross to overlap the green cross. Press OK
(the TV tunes to the last available channel in the channel list).
Mar 16, 2011 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...
Dec 10, 2010 | Philips Projection Televisions
Nov 13, 2010 | Sony KP-57HW40 57" Rear Projection...
May 25, 2008 | JVC AV-48WP30 48" Rear Projection...
Apr 26, 2008 | Projection Televisions
88 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: