An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Error 77 message
The 77 error is caused by a fuser temperature sensor. The following steps can be used to possibly reset the Intellifax 4100 77 error.
1. Unplug machine then wait 15-20 minutes. 2. Hold down menu key. Plug in machine. 3. Release menu key at maintenance message. 4. press 91 then set button 5. press 99 then set button 6. Machine will warm up. 7. Press Reports key, then press 1. This will test if the machine can print.
If these steps do not reset the error the thermal fuse would have to be replaced by a repair technician.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1) Unplug machine. 2) Hold down menu key while plugging in machine. 3) Enter 99 while holding down menu key 4) After it says "PLease wait" hit the stop/exit button to get out of the maintenance mode
Hope that helps.....
I just got the same message on my mfc-8500 after a brief power outage.
I opened the front panel, removed the toner and closed the panel. The printer tried to warm up and then said to open the panel door. I then opened the door, inserted the toner, closed it and the machine error was cleared.
Perhaps all you need to do is remove the toner and put it back in.
Error #77 refers to a mechanical problem, but I'd say about 7 times out of 10 it's a mistake. Fortunately, Brother fax machines have override commands :). Try this:
1. Turn the power off and unplug the power source. 2. Press and hold the menu button and plug in the power source (don't let go of the menu button!). 3. Hold the menu button for 5 seconds after plugging in the power source. 4. Release the menu button and press "91" 5. If the screen still shows the error code, press "99".
Hopefully this will override the error and you can get back to work :) .
Error 77 basically means- Heater thermistor short circuit. However, the message is sometimes incorrectly shown. You can try this- power off the machine, take out the cartridge, close the door and power up. The machine should notice either the toner or the front door is not in place. Now open the door and place the toner. This might solve the problem. You can also try to soft reset the printer. If none of these works, you might have to change the thermistor.
you can try this. press "menu/set" " *2864 " within 2 secs. then press "01" and wait for a few seconds until "para init" goes away. then press "99" and when you see "please wait" unplug machine. wait for 15 secs. and plug back in and see if it comes up. if not, then you have a hard error and must have serviced.
Unplug the unit. Hold down the menu key while plugging back in / powering up. When finished initializing, hit 99. Wait to status comes back and hit 91.
This supposedly happens due to a power surge or outage. If this doesn't work for you try reversing the numbers above. I have a bad memory, it might be 91 first then 99 but, you definately have to hold down the menu key.