- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Yes Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003 can be open in Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007But Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 cannot be open in Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003 Thanks for using FixYa All the Best!
In order to view a Word 2007 document in Word 2003, you need to save the document in Word 2003 format while in Word 2007. If you dont have a copy of Word 2007, there are a number of ways of getting around the problem:
1. You can send it to a friend who has Word 2007 and ask them to convert it for you.
2. You can open a free Windows Live account at www.live.com and read it in there.
3. You can open a free Google docs account at www.google.com and convert it in there.
Office Live and Google docs are competitive online office applications that allow you to upload a document into the "cloud" and open it using an online word processor.
You HAVE to use Microsoft Explorer or Firefox (I think) to get into Windows Live - it does not permit Google Chrome and Safari (I think). It also does not permit you to save the file in 2003 version.
If you use Google Docs, all you have to do is upload it and then download it as a Word document. Google can only format files into Word 2003 format... but you mat lose a bit of the formatting.
Hope this helps
Docx file is the default file format for MS word 2007 and 2010. If you have those application then you can open it easily. If you have the 2003 and below version, you will need to download the Office 2007 compatibility pack and install it to your PC then you can open the docx file
because microsoft has to keep chang the word file format to keep up with compression if one thing you can do is when using 2007 use the save as option and change the "save as type to" rich text format or just a word document
If you save the files in an Open Office format compatible with Office 2007, people with Office 2003 or older won't be able to read them. Save your documents in an Office 2003 format and they should be able to read them...unless they have Office 98, in which case they should get into the 21st century and update to 2003!
After long hours searching solutions for this, i have finely got back my work and just in time for submission.well my problem occur when using Word 2007 so this is what i have done. :
1. Go to http://converter.tds.lv 2. Upload the docx document of yours and submit the form. 3. The result then will give you the ability to download varius file format. click the .doc file and it will download the file. 4. Open the .doc in Word 2007. 5. In my case i have got all the format and text back (but i found few text format missing/gone. Just a few though.). So it is better than nothing right?
What your Boss means is a patch for your Word 2003 so that you are able to open his Word 2007 documents. In the 2007 Office system Microsoft changed the file format .doc to .docx (An XML based document file). Word 2003 doesn't understand that since al previous versions uses the plain .doc format.
You can go to the office button at the top of Word. It is the big roubnd button. Then go to save as and in the save as type change it to word 97-2003 document .doc.
You can also click on the office button, then word options at the bottom. Next you would click on save and change the save as file format to Word 97-2003 and it would automatically save it in this format.