Hi mewms. when i try and watch films on my pc the screen flickers and freezes i have the klite codec pack and i also have vlc media player. but vlc only plays sound but no video. i was running a much lower spec computer with only vga graphics and using the same codec pack and player and had no problems at all.
im using a 1.1 celeron (dont laug i had a better computer but i had to sell it to get some cash) with 512mb ram (but it is only showing as 256mb and my computer can handle 512mb) running xp home sp2 32mb graphics card
have you any ideas what this could be maybe the card id no good..?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The whole thing freezes? As in the mouse or keyboard won't even work?
If it's just the video that freezes and you can shut it off, most likely it's a codec issue. Which is dumb since everything you're using came packaged together in the unit. Installing a third party codec pack would solve this issue.
Though, if you're whole PC is freezing when you try to play a video then I have a few other questions to ask you to narrow the potential problems down:
1. Open up the player that opens automatically when you try to watch something, but don't load a video into it. Did everything still freeze?
2. If not, then open a video file that is not something you recorded from TV, like a DVD or a video clip from the net. Did it freeze then?
3. When it freezes, does it freeze instantly? Or does it run for a little bit then freeze. If the latter is the case, what happens in the time between opening the file and the lock down?
You can try downloading and installing VideoLAN Client as your video player. VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player andframework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVD, Audio CD,VCD, and various streaming protocols. It plays pretty much everything without the need for tracking down codecs.
You can install Leawo Free MP4 Converter, when you install it, it will ask you to install a codec package, after you finish it. you can convert your video to MP4 format easily, or just watch your MKV video with Windows Media Player.
is it when u tried viewing online or move on the pc. if its already on the pc then maybe your pc does not have the required player or codecs pack to help stream the video.try to download codec packs like Klite codec.
U dont have codec to play avi files....
Download Klite Mega codec pack from this link n install to ur pc
it will fix ur all media play prob..