Question about Culligan Under Sink Water Filter
Odor from the water softening system can be attributed to several causes.
The best way to see if it is coming from the softener is to by-pass the softener and run the COLD water only for several minutes and see if the smell continues. Now run the HOT water and see if smell is coming from the water heater.
Some causes may be:
1. Hydrogen sulfide in the water supply (the water chemistry can change)
2. Sulfate reducing bacteria. Almost all water supplies have sulfates and if bacteria gets introduced into the plumbing system it acts with the sulfates to create sulfate reducing bacteria. Which creates a rotten egg smell in the water.
3. Salt additives can have many different affects on water chemistry and organics in the water causing musty, fishy, swampy type smells.
4. If you have a system for Tannins using salts with additives will always cause foul smells as it harms the Tannin media.
5. The ANODE rod in the water heater degrades and gives off a sulfur type, rotten egg smell.
Posted on May 19, 2011
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 29, 2010 | Ford Escort Cars & Trucks
Sep 02, 2010 | Rheem 30 GAL ELEC SHORT Water Heater 6YR...
Dec 19, 2009 | Maytag Atlantis MAV6451 Top Load Washer
Nov 06, 2009 | Washing Machines
Jul 03, 2009 | Kenmore 50522 / 50524 Side by Side...
Feb 21, 2009 | Dyson DC07 Bagless Upright Cyclonic Vacuum
Jan 10, 2009 | Whirlpool 21.0 cu. ft. Top Freezer...
252 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: