Question about Computers & Internet
My desk top computer has wireless built in i also have dlink wireless router. I dont think any book came with computer.Trying to set up without wires any idea what i have to do,not up with all the jargon of comps.
Do you have instructions for the router? They should be available from the D-link site. Connect the router to the computer with a network cable. Type cmd into your run box on the start menu then type ipconfig into the window that opens and note the IP address of the DHCP server, which should be in the form 192.168.x.1 and log into it by opening your browser and putting that no. into the address bar. This allows you to control the router and examine its settings. With the information you obtain it should be possible to connect the computer wirelessly, using the either windows wireless manager, which should be an icon near the clock, or the program that belongs to the wireless receiver.
Posted on Apr 27, 2008
If your computer came with the card preinstalled, you shouold be able to get drivers from your computer manufactures web site, under your specific computer model. Also, depending on the router, you may have to configure it the first time using an Ethernet cable, after that you can change to wireless.
Posted on Apr 24, 2008
Did you load the DLink software onto your computer?If so you have to configure the DLink control Panel to recognize the Internal wireless card in the computer.You may also need to take the wireless card out and restart your computer,then shut it back down and reinstall the card so the computer can recognize the card and reinstall the drivers.If it cant find suitable drivers it wont install.While you have the card out look at the brand and version number and try to download software to desktop to install in case windows cant find any.If you have a cat5 (ethernet) cable you can go hard wired till you get the wireless working.
Posted on Apr 23, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 25, 2011 | D-Link Xtreme N DIR-655 Wireless Router
Nov 11, 2010 | D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router
Oct 16, 2010 | D-Link Dlink DI-514 Air Wireless 2.4 GHz...
I was banging my head for 2 days with about 35 different configurations and finally tried the following and it worked just fine. Also, tried connecting 3 computers and they all connected with "NO" issues. Even connected wireless with "NO" issues. Now I am at 20mb download speed...J compared to AT&T 1.5mb download speed.
This is my DLINK model -> (DIR-601 Wireless N 150 Home Router Wireless router)
1. Reset your Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem by unplugging it for 5 minutes.
2. Then reset your DLINK Router to the manufactures default settings. Then Unplug DLINK Router for 1 minute then plug it back in (Just plug your cat5 cable into port 1 and connect it to your computer) there should not be anything else plugged into the DLINK Router at the time you make the changes. Just 1 computer can be connected.
3. Went into the DLINK configuration 192.168.0.1 and changed the PPPOE setting that I was using for my AT&T Modem to Dynamic IP (DHCP). Once you make the changes save them and then unplug your DLINK Router it's off.
4. Turn on Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem and wait until all lights are on. Now plug in a cat5 cable from the Surfboard Comcast modem (NOT A CROSSOVER CABLE LIKE THE CD INDICATES) to the INTERNET port of your DLINK Router. Now turn on your DLINK router.
5. Then turn on your computers or restart them and it will pick up IP Addresses from your DLINK Router
Jun 08, 2010 | D-Link Wireless N 150 Home Router 4Port...
Oct 06, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Sep 27, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jan 11, 2009 | D-Link DI-604 4-Port Cable/DSL Router...
Mar 15, 2008 | D-Link DIR-625 (790069292637) Wireless...
Dec 05, 2007 | Computers & Internet
53 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!