Question about Xerox Phaser 8500/DN Printer
Sadly that is not good.That normally is one of the heaters in the print head has failed not warming up enough to allow the ink to remain liquid. It frequently is the result of a failure of the electronics module, none of the most likely problems is a cheap fix. I will give you the list of most probable causes.
Wish I had a more hopeful answer.
PARTS:Parts are listed in the order of highest probability for repair.
NUMBER QTY DESCRIPTION
119649580 1 *ELECTRONICS MODULE (STRIPPED)
671529180 1 I/O BOARD
650430300 1 *PRINTHEAD ASSEMBLY
The electronics module. Listed as stripped, means it comes without the ram and nvm boards. When that fails it is a portion of that module that supplies the heater voltage. I think its a 50 volt source off hand.
Posted on Apr 22, 2008
Receiving fault 37 016 43 186630 on a Xerox Phaser 8400. Service needed. I am trying to determine what type of service is necessary. Any Ideas? Thank You
Posted on Aug 18, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
2. Run the Test Tray 1 Width Sensors.
3. If the test fails replace the front door.
4. Replace the I/O board.
2. Check for an obstruction or damage in the process gearbox.
3. Ensure the gears are correctly aligned and homed. If faulty replace the process gearbox
4. Run the Tilt Axis Drive test to test the headtilt.
5. Run the Head Maintenance Wiper Clutch test. If the test fails, replace the wiper drive clutch.
6. Run the Wiper Axis Drive test.
7. Replace the exit assembly.
2. Verify the lock arms rotate correctly.
3. Check for spilled ink around the printhead.
4. Check the process motor gears for damage. Ensure the process gears are correctly aligned and homed.
5. Verify the process gear box, process shaft, and drive module shaft are at home position.
6. Verify the headtilt gear will engage, see the home positioning procedure on page. You can manually engage the headtilt gear.
7. Run the Tilt Axis Drive test.
8. Run the Process Motor test.
9. Run the Head Maintenance Clutch test, if the test fails replace the clutch.
10.Run Wiper Drive test. If this fails inspect the wiper drive system.
Posted on Jan 30, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 04, 2011 | Xerox Phaser 8400 Laser Printer
Jul 23, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 8400N Thermal Printer
May 22, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 8400 Laser Printer
May 10, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 8400 Laser Printer
Apr 13, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 8400 Laser Printer
Apr 10, 2009 | Xerox WorkCentre C2424DN All-In-One Laser...
Jun 30, 2014 | Xerox Phaser 8500/DN Printer
Jun 04, 2014 | Xerox Phaser 8500/DN Printer
1,981 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: