Question about Xerox Office Equipment & Supplies
SOURCE: Paper Jam Error 2
Samsuing SCX 4200
would not give up [Paper jam 2 - Check Inside] alarm
no jam, nothing broken, turning off etc. no help
Finally put a sheet in halfway through the manual feed slot
- had door open doing it so I could make sure sheet went far enough so that the little two-pronged black flag right at front of the paper feed opening was kept pushed down by the sheet.
Then used Copy to copy the sheet - this got rid of the false alarm. Prints ok again.
Posted on Feb 22, 2008
SOURCE: Lexmark X6570 printer - Cleared
Ok, the paper jam could be due to one of the following:
If there is no bit of paper or debris stuck in the rollers, it would indicate something more serious, and in need of servicing. If your machine is under warranty, I suggest you take it back to the shop and get it replaced.
If your warranty has run out, then you'll either have to get it serviced or buy a new printer (whichever works out cheaper for you)
Hope that helps!
Posted on Nov 11, 2008
SOURCE: Constantly getting error code E3
What may have happened is that the Paper sensor is locked down and tells the printer that there is paper in the path (although there isn't any). The paper sensor is a toggle switch and there is a paddle that pushes it down as the paper goes in/out. Look on the right side of the unit ,under the roller assembly. Sorry, but I do not have a service manual for this unit.
Error list :
E2-2 = No paper (ASF)
E3-3 = Paper jam
E4 = No ink
E5-5 = The ink cartridges are not installed or a non-supported ink cartridge is installed, or the ink cartridges are not installed properly
E8 = Waste ink absorber full, or platen waste ink absorber full
E9 = The connected digital camera / video camera does not support Camera Direct Printing
E14 = The Ink cartridges whose destination are wrong
E15 = Ink cartridge is not installed E16 - Ink remaining is unknown
E16 -E19 = Failed to scan head alignment sheet
E22 = Carriage error
E23 = Paper feed error
E24 = Purge unit error
E25 = ASF(cam) sensor error
E26 = Internal temperature rise error
E27 = Waste ink absorber full or platen waste ink absorber full
E28 = Ink cartridge temperature rise error -
E29 = EEPROM error
E33 = Paper feed position error
E35 15 = USB Host VBUD overcurrent error - USB
E37 17 = Abnormal motor driver error
E40 20 = Other hardware error
E42 22 = Scanner error
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it.
Posted on Nov 13, 2008
SOURCE: E3 error code
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button.
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
Posted on Jan 31, 2009
SOURCE: Reg door will not close
There is a flap inside the printer that guides the paper as it travels thru the printer. The flap has to be in a completely up position before the door can be closed. Problem is if you put the flap in the up position and then try to close the door the flap falls back down and blocks the door. You need to push the flap up and close the door quickly before it has time to fall back down.
Posted on Apr 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 17, 2015 | Xerox Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 17, 2014 | Xerox DocuMate 162 - document scanner
Jun 23, 2011 | Xerox WorkCentre 4150 Black and White...
Mar 02, 2010 | Xerox Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 10, 2009 | Xerox WorkCentre XD120f Copier
Jul 29, 2008 | Xerox Phaser 4500 Printer
Apr 14, 2008 | Xerox WorkCentre XE80 Laser Printer
Aug 22, 2007 | Xerox Phaser 5500N Laser Printer
Mar 20, 2007 | Xerox FaxCentre 1008 Plain Paper Laser
May 26, 2017 | Xerox Office Equipment & Supplies
254 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: