I have a
Rear Projection TVsHitachi Ultravision 65XWX20B rear-projection CRT HDTV. There are red, blue, and green lines going through the screen horizontally. The image is also slightly blurry. I know how to take it apart but I don't know what to do. How do I fix this?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This is a common problem with this TV, but there is an upgrade to correct the CONVERVGENCE circuit problem. If you want to repair this concern yourself: Contact:B&D ENTERPRISES, 1-800-458-6053, www.bdent.com and ask for KIT10 for your Hitachi TV. If you want some else to do the repair for you call an Authorized Service Center. Needs convergence IC's http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showpost.php?p=564268&postcount=220 http://cmpalmer.blogspot.com/2006/11/fixing-my-own-tv-part-ii.html
The 65XWX20B comes apart in 2 pieces - there is a top half and a bottom half.
- The bottom half houses all of the electronics, projection lenses, etc. It is very heavy and should be moved with care.
- The top half is basically just the screen.
I have moved this Television multiple times, even up and down from a 3rd floor apartment!
- First remove the screws holding the top and the bottom, the important ones are on the sides of the TV.
- This is important, I suggest 3 people do this part: Slowly lift the top away from the bottom half of the TV, but -not- very far. There is small wiring harness that that attaches the top of the TV to the bottom to a circuit board. This must be unplugged by one person while the other 2 hold the top half of the TV slightly above the bottom half. Note carefully where this plugs in so that you can reassemble easily.
- Once this is disconnected the TV is much easier to move, although still quite heavy and bulky. Do not turn the TV on its side - keep it upright while moving.