Question about Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Posted by Anonymous on
Press 'select' button-->enter 7444->enter new code-->re-enter new code.
hope this helps :D
Posted on Oct 13, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: PS2 PARENTAL CONTROL CODE
This is the only way to turn "off" parental control lock on the custom setup screen.
1) turn off ps2 with no dvd in drive.
2) turn on ps2 and insert dvd in drive.
3) when it asks about parental password, choose 'yes'.
4) when prompted for password, press 'select'.
5) the prompt will change and say 'delete password'. enter '7444'.
6) enter a new password (0000 works).
7) registration complete, dvd will start playing.
8) once the movie starts, press 'select'.
9) click the 'stop' icon.
10) click the 'stop' icon again (the icon must be gray even when you have it highlighted).
11) navigate to 'custom setup' ('select', setup icon, custom setup icon)
12) move to parental control option, press right directional button, enter password (0000).
13) move down to 'level'.
14) move up to desired level (off is at the top).
15) click 'x'.
16) go back to 'select' menu options, and press 'play'.
17) while movie is playing, eject disk and remove dvd.
18) turn ps2 off using switch on the back, keep off for five seconds.
19) turn on ps2, put dvd back in.
20) happy dance. ;)
Posted on Dec 07, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 26, 2014 | Video Game Consoles & Games
May 18, 2010 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Sep 11, 2009 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Aug 19, 2009 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Aug 02, 2009 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Aug 26, 2008 | Televison & Video
Jun 06, 2008 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Apr 10, 2008 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
38 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!