An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
An expert that has over 10 points.
An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.
Re: hardware transformation and lighting
T&L stands for Transform and Lighting. In earlier days, T&L operations were done by the CPU, which limited the game's geometrical complexity quite a bit and limited developers' creativity while creating environments.
A T&L capable card is one that contains two separate engines for Transform and Lighting operations. So the CPU is not stressed with the task of doing T&L operations and developers can create better artificial intelligence and physics using the freed CPU power.
Transform performance determines how complex objects can be and how many can appear in a scene without sacrificing frame rate. Lighting techniques add to a scene's realism by changing the appearance of objects based on light sources.
It's built into the card or not there's no way to upgrade to T&L plus certain games require T&L version like v1.0, v2.0 graphics cards. Best bet is if you can't play a game that supports T&L is to buy a newer card that supports it.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I need a bit more information about your problem in order to offer you the best service available. What computer is the card in? Brand, Model, speed (in mhz), processor, Slot # that the card is plugged into
Operating system (Windows or Mac version and service packs installed), in a Windows machine this information is easily accessed by:
1. Hold down the Windows key and press the 'R' key to open the run dialog box. 2. Type "msinfo32" without the quotes. 3. The System Information applet should run, The information can be easily exported as a text file by selecting 'Export' from the file menu or the needed information can be copied and pasted into an email.
If your graphics card won't work at all, you may not be able to view the CPU's output. You may need to plug your monitor into the onboard card, or replace the old card temporarily.
I also would like to know what, if anything, the monitor is displaying.
Thank you for your inquiry, I look forward to working with you to help solve your issues.
This error is due to Graphics card drivers. The driver that you have installed or if not installed and using windows naturall drivers , you need to search the web to get the correct drivers specific for windows vista 64 bit.
Let us know if you have something more to ask else please accept the solution. Thanks for contacting fixya.com
THEY SHOULD STILL BE ON THAT CARD YOU DOWNLOADED FROM.
THE ONLY TIME YOU LOOSE THEM FROM STATIC CHARGE, FROM CARPET IN YOUR HOUSE.
YOU DELETE THEM
THEY MAKE A PROGRAM FOR YOUR CARD AND MOST OF THE TIME THE VENDER OF THAT DEVICE HAS HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE FOR THE TRANSFER OF DATA, PHOTOS, MISC. ITEMS ON THE CARD.
YOU CAN GO ONLINE AND SEE IF ANYONE HAS A PROGRAM TO DO WHAT YOU NEED IT TO DO.
Unfortunately Intel drivers have some bugs in them which means it will not support Hardware T&L correctly. This means that intel graphics chips are not recommended for any new games and many old ones. Some Intel chipsets support more than others, unfortunately yours doesn't.
1. Go to START, then CONTROL PANEL. 2. Look for the SYSTEM icon, click that. 3. Click HARDWARE tab, then click DEVICE MANAGER
This will display all Installed Device Drivers & Uninstalled device drivers, usually uninstalled device drivers got yellow exlamation mark icon on it.
4. Look for the Sound Device or Video Device, then right click on that and click UPDATE DRIVER.
5. You need to browse for the right and proper Device Driver for this device, if not available, you need to download the Driver from the internet, and usually the sound device is provided with CD Installer, use that.
6. If all procedures were done correctly, then that should solve your problem.
If this procedure helps you solve your problemt, please spare a little time to rate my solution.