Question about Microwave Ovens
Quite often this is due to grease or food particles stuck to the inside of the oven or stuck on or behind the waveguide cover.
The waveguide cover is usually about the size of a playing card and often held in place by a plastic rivet.
In some models it is the plastic ceiling.
It can be fragile, and the metal edges of the oven behind it can be sharp, so be careful!
The cover and the metal behind it should be cleaned with a mild, non-ammonia cleaner.
If the cavity metal of the oven is chipped or charred, it will have to be sanded smooth and clean and dried thoroughly.
Then you can apply some high-temperature appliance paint, available from places like Wal-Mart, Lowe's or Builder's Square.
If your waveguide cover is burned, it will need to be replaced.
If you need more specific help, please reply back with your brand and full model number.
We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
William E. Miller, AS-EET
Posted on Apr 23, 2008
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 03, 2017 | Microwave Ovens
on Apr 04, 2010 | Microwave Ovens
Feb 03, 2016 | Whirlpool Accuwave Microwave Oven
Dec 22, 2015 | Microwave Ovens
Mar 24, 2012 | Microwave Ovens
Mar 06, 2012 | General Electric Microwave Oven
Dec 30, 2009 | GE JVM1443 Microwave Oven
May 27, 2009 | GE JVM1440 Microwave Oven
Feb 07, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
155 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!