Download Netflix Instant Streaming for Wii from the Wii Shop Channel
Now that your Wii console is connected to the Internet, you can
download the Netflix Instant Streaming for Wii from the Wii Shop
Channel. Once it's downloaded, you'll use it to stream movies and TV
episodes with your Wii.
- Select the Wii Shop Channel on the Wii Menu.
- If you have not previously accessed the Wii Shop Channel, you
will need to read and agree to the User Agreement. For help locating the User Agreement, click here.
- A screen will appear asking you if you want to link a Club Nintendo account to your Wii Shop account.
- If you have a Club Nintendo Membership, enter your User Name and Password, then select "Link" on the right.
- If you do not have a Club Nintendo Membership, leave the fields blank and select "Do not link" on the left.
- Select "Wii Channels" from the Wii Shop Channel main
menu, then select "Netflix Instant Streaming for Wii." Select "Free 0
Wii Points" to begin the download.
- Once Netflix Instant Streaming for Wii has finished downloading, it will be added to your Wii menu.
After Netflix Instant Streaming for Wii has been added,
the next thing you'll need to do is connect your Wii console with your
Netflix account. Continue reading for more information.
Connect your Wii console to your Netflix account
Before you can watch TV episodes and movies streaming from Netflix, you
will need to connect your Wii console to your Netflix account.
More support for Netflix on Wii:
- On your Wii
If you're not already on this screen on your television, select Netflix Instant Streaming for Wii from the Wii menu. (Don't have this option?) On this screen you will be presented with a code; remain on this screen during the activation process.
- On your home computer
Using an online device other than your Wii console - such as a PC, Mac, or Web-enabled phone - go to http://www.netflix.com/wii. (You will need to log into your Netflix account if you're not already logged in.)
- Still on your home computer
Enter the code displayed on your television into the box on the bottom
Netflix Web page, then click "Activate Now." (The code is case
- Back to your Wii
Netflix will now
attempt to activate the connection to your Wii console. This may take
several minutes. When the process is complete, the Wii will
automatically display your queue. (The screen on your computer will not
change. Wait for the screen displayed by the Wii on your TV to indicate
the activation has finished before going to another Web page.)
- And finally, watch TV
episodes and movies streaming from Netflix on your Wii console by
selecting the Netflix Instant Streaming for Wii on the Wii main menu.