Question about JVC XV-501 DVD Player
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
hey, this happened to me too. what you have to do is put it in standby mode, then press and hold the eject and stop button on the actual dvd player, the remote wont work doing this. this is how you can unlock and lock the dvds into the dvd player. why this is a feature jvc thought this needed im not exactly sure, but thats how you fix it.
Posted on Aug 12, 2007
SOURCE: error message when reading DVD
Try changing the region setting to region free.
1. Make sure there is no Disc in the tray.
2. Shut off the unit and unplug it from the AC outlet.
3. Press and Hold the "Play" and "Open/Close" keys,
simultaneously on the player and not the remote control.
4. While holding these keys, plug the AC cord back into the outlet. (TEST and CPU ver# will appear on the display)
5. Release the "Play" and "Open/Close" keys.
6. Press DVD Menu twice on the remote.
7. When the display reads s000 5858 use the up and down buttons to change the 000 to 02E.
8. Using the Left and Right arrow buttons, change the last four digits until they read 0000 for Region Free, 0101 for Region 1, 0202 for Region 2 or 0404 for Region 4.
9. Press Enter on the player.
10. Press Standby and wait 5 seconds.
11. Press Standby again. Your player is now set to the region you requested. If you find some titles do not play on the region 0 setting, you may have to hard select the appropriate region.
Good Luck. Let me know if it works
Posted on Jan 02, 2009
SOURCE: Unlock code for jvc XV-N652
Below is the only known process to unlock that model of DVD player. Does not work on 100% of dvd players.
1. Turn on dvd player
2. Open the tray
3. Press 0000 in the Remote Controller
4. Change to any region you want (0 for region free)
5. Press Pause to confirm your change
6. Turn off
7. Turn on again and enjoy
Hope this works for yours, please post back if it does. Thank you for trying Fixya!
Posted on Mar 24, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 04, 2012 | JVC XV-N310B DVD Player
Nov 29, 2010 | JVC XV-NP1SL DVD Player
Sep 26, 2009 | JVC XV-N320 DVD Player
Jan 08, 2009 | Panasonic DVD-A110 DVD Player
Jul 19, 2008 | JVC XV-N212 DVD Player
Dec 26, 2008 | JVC XV-501 DVD Player
Nov 09, 2008 | JVC XV-501 DVD Player
59 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!