How do I download and install the full driver and software package
usinga local connection? USB (Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP)
Description of Solution 200000018870
To download and install the full driver and software
from the Internet, complete the following steps:
1. Make a temporary directory on your HDD to save the downloaded self-extracting file (e.g.. C:\bront). To make a temporary directory on your HDD, follow the steps below:
a. Click on START ->
MY COMPUTER or Double click on MY COMPUTER on yourdesktop.
b. Double click on your local disk drive (e.g. Local Disk (x:), where 'x' is the letter of your local hard drive)
c. Click FILE -> NEW -> FOLDER
d. Type BrotherXXXX to rename the folder
and press ENTER. (Where XXXX is the model of your Brother machine).
2. Open your Internet browser
and type http://www.brother-usa.com/downloads
on the address bar.
3. Choose your Product Group, Model, and click VIEW DOWNLOAD.
4. Click on the
link under YOUR RESULTS.
5. Under STEP 1: SELECT TYPE select DRIVERS.
6. Under STEP 2: SELECT OS, select your operating system.
7. Under STEP 3: SELECT LANGUAGE select ENGLISH.
8. A SEARCH button will appear after you select your language.
Click on the SEARCH button.
9. Locate FULL DRIVER AND SOFTWARE PACKAGE and click on MORE INFORMATION...
10. On the next page click on the DOWNLOAD button under FULL DRIVER AND SOFTWARE PACKAGE.
11. On the End-User License Agreement for Brother
Software page click onI ACCEPT.
12. Click SAVE.
13. You will be prompted again to save the file. In the Save In dropdown, choose the folder you created earlier BrotherXXXX, then click SAVE. The drivers will download.
To install the full
driver and software package, complete the following steps:
1. Unplug or turn off the power to the Brother machine. Make sure the cable is not connected to the Brother machine.
2. On the computer click on START -> MY COMPUTER or Double click on MY
COMPUTER on your desktop.
3. Double click on your local disk drive (e.g. Local Disk (x:), where 'x' is the letter of your local hard drive)
4. Locate the folder you created earlier labeled BrotherXXXX and doubleclick on it.
5. Locate the file
you downloaded and double click on it.
6. It will launch a ZIP SELF DECOMPRESSION window, click on DECOMPRESS(X).
7. You will get a message stating: The decompression process was successful. Click OK.
8. By doing so, the decompression window
placed another folder labeled SETUPXXXX (where xxxx = your model) in your folder. Double click on this folder.
9. While holding the SHIFT key, double click on SETUP.EXE. (.exe may not be displayed) The installation will begin.
10. Choose STANDARD
of LOCAL depending on your model, and then click NEXT. The installation continues.
11. When prompted with the Connect Cable screen, connect the cable into the Brother machine and your computer.
12. Turn on the Brother machine. The installation
should automatically continue.
13. When the On-Line Registration screen is displayed, click NEXT
14. Choose YES, I WANT TO RESTART MY COMPUTER and click FINISH to restart your computer. You will need to log back in with Administrator
After restarting the computer, the Installation will be complete.