Question about Maytag Refrigerators
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Bottom of Maytag Freezer Ices Up
You have a plugged defrost drain. easiest way to fix it is unload freezer compartment defrost all of the ice, then remove the 2 screws that hold the rear cover in place about half way down the back wall. once this is removed use hot water to flush out the aluminum evap pan at the bottom of the coil. once it is cleared i will usually pur a little bleach in to kill any algae build up.\
be sure to unplug the refrig and use caution not to cut your self on the evap coil as the fins are very sharp..
Posted on Dec 16, 2007
SOURCE: MY MAYTAG REFRIGERATOR
remove back panel inside freezer and there is a tray at the bottom with a drain hole in the middle. this is blocked with ice. melt off with a hairdryer and follow up with hot water till it flows waay freely
Posted on Oct 02, 2008
SOURCE: water in bottom of fridge
Thanks to all who spent money or shared their experience to have somebody do this repair, and I really mean it.
I have a Whirlpool TopLoad Fridge (not a side by side).
Things you'll need
Small socket for cardboard panel on lower back and panel inside freezer
1. Take everything out of freezer
2. Turn dials off in fridge for both compartments
3. Pull fridge out so you can get behind it and unplug it
4. Be vigilant of ice maker line if installed
5. Pull cardboard panel off on back
On the left side you should see the back of the skinny drip pan and a small line. That line goes from the freezer and is most likely clogged.
6. Blow dry the back of the freezer enough so the ice is thawed at the bottom of the back panel.
7. Remove the two screws on the back panel. You may just be able to pull it toward you enough to get behind it. You'll see the coils and fan, and underneath these you may see some ice sheets and there should be a hole. That is the drain line that is clogged. I heated up some water and poured it over the drain to thaw the line. You may want to remove the crisper drawers and put some towels down there to catch the overflow. Once the ice is thawed enough at the drain. Go to the back of the fridge and place the end of the bicycle pump at the bottom of the drain hose. Apply pressure to get a good seal but keep pumping. You may have to go back and forth between pumping and thawing, but you'll know it is clear when you hear air going into the freezer and then the wonderful moment when water drips into the drip pan as advertised!
Keep those fridges less full so that the door stays sealed and keep the seal clean and also keep your doors from having too much stuff so the weight of the door doesn't pull away.
Okay, put it back together, turn everything on and be careful of your cord and lines when pushing the fridge back. Thank the Lord ours has wheels and man,was it cruddy underneath. Vacuum those coils underneath the fridge too for proper air circulation.
Blessings to you!
Posted on Jan 11, 2009
Posted on Mar 24, 2009
The adjusta cube ice maker has an on/off switch. To stop the ice from overfilling and being knocked off when you open the freezer door turn the ice maker off and then back on as needed.
Posted on Apr 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 18, 2012 | Maytag Refrigerators
Dec 01, 2011 | Maytag MFD2560HES Bottom Freezer French...
May 03, 2017 | Maytag MSD2756G Side by Side Refrigerator
Jun 26, 2011 | Maytag 22 cu. ft. Bottom Freezer...
Aug 03, 2017 | Maytag Refrigerators
Feb 01, 2010 | Maytag MFI2266AE Side by Side Bottom...
Dec 31, 2009 | Maytag MFD2561HE Bottom Freezer French...
Jun 18, 2009 | Maytag MBL2256KES Stainless Steel Bottom...
Jun 04, 2009 | Maytag (MFI2568AEW) Bottom Freezer French...
72 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!