HP LaserJet 4200 - need help resetting default tray selections
I got a new computer 3 weeks ago, going from XP to Windows 7. Before this, my HP LaserJet 4200 printer would automatically pull from Tray 1 unless it was empty, in which case it pulled from Tray 2. Now I can only get it to pull from Tray 1 if I manually select it when going to print. I've searched online and tried various suggestions for resetting this default (as has our IT guy) but nothing works. HELP!
Re: HP LaserJet 4200 - need help resetting default tray...
Are you using Window 7 64 bit or 32 bit? Re-install drivers appropriate for that version of your operating system. Also look at the "Paper Handling" section in the printer menu. Be sure both trays are set for "Plain" paper.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Here I collect some popular solutions to help reset HP laptop password if your laptop installed Windows system such as Windows 7/Vista/XP.
Solution 1 Reset HP laptop password by another user account with administrator privilege.
Solution 2 Reset HP laptop password with Offline Windows Password & Registry Editor.
Solution 3 Reset HP password with professional password recovery tool.
If you do not have another administrator account on HP laptop or you have little experience in Windows or LUNIX operations, you can use Windows Password Rescuer to help reset HP password without lose date. This software was provided by DAOSSOFT corperation, it supports HP laptop password recovery in Windows 7/Vista/XP and HP computer installed Windows 7/Vista/XP/2008/2003/2000.
The problem could be that you're using Microsoft Windows XP. Microsoft discontinued this program a long time ago and doesn't even offer support for it anymore. The new programs are often too powerful for XP. Before you upgrade your OS, and I suggest you do when you can, go up on the HP website and search how to reset your printer to factory defaults. If you can't find it, just re-download the software for your printer. That should reset your printer to factory defaults.
1. Turn the product off. 2. Turn the product on. 3. Press and hold down the checkmark (Select) button while the memory is counting. The memory starts counting at 000MB immediately after you turn the power on. 4. Continue to hold down the checkmark (Select) button until all three LEDs are illuminated. 5. Release the checkmark (Select) button. 6. Press the up arrow (Navigation) button until the message New Maintenance Kit appears on the control panel display. 7. Press the checkmark button once. the check mark is the v like sign ..
1) When the printer receives a print job, it selects the tray by trying to match the requested paper type and size with what has been loaded in the trays. Using an “autoselect” process, it searches all available trays for the paper that satisfies the request, starting with the bottom tray and ending with the top tray (tray 1). The printer begins printing the job as soon as it finds the proper type/size.
2) If paper is loaded in tray 1 and tray 1 is set "TRAY 1 TYPE=ANY" and "TRAY 1 SIZE=ANY" on the Paper Handling menu, the printer will always pull paper from tray 1 first.
Have you re-installed the driver recently? Perhaps you didn't install the correct one. for example '4200tn' (the "t" standing for 'tray"). If you have only installed the regular 4200 driver, then tray 3 will not show up by default However, you can add it to the current driver as an option. "Right click" the printer icon Select "properties" Select "device settings" under "installable options" Click on "tray 3 -not installed" to open drop down menu. click "installed"