Question about Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Can't locate the "protective film to prevent possible scratches during transport. This film must be removed before using the oven for the first time" We purchased the unit today.

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    MVP:

    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.

    Novelist:

    An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.

    Governor:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.

  • Expert
  • 142 Answers

The protective film is usually covering the glass door. If it's not there and the glass is still in good shape, no problem... just install the microwave and you're in action!!

Posted on Apr 22, 2008

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

In manual page EN-8 It says "Do not remove the light brown Mica cover that is attached to the oven cavity to protect the magnetron. What is a magnetron and what mica cover are they talking about


The Magnetron is the high-power device that produces the microwave energy that is directed into the microwave oven cavity by means of a waveguide, which is a metal boxlike duct that transmits the microwave energy from the magnetron to the oven cavity. The Mica cover is a microwave-transparent film that covers the open end of the waveguide where it enters the oven cavity. It is there to prevent dust, dirt, and other things from getting into the waveguide. If that happens, the waveguide can develop electrical arcing, which will destroy it and the magnetron.

Dec 16, 2015 | In Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

How to get the protective film off of a stainless microwave


It just peels off. Since this presumably is a new oven, the film should be removable in large pieces

Jan 12, 2013 | LG LMVM1935 Convection/Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Torx fasteners on back panel have pins in the centers. Thus, Torx bit will not fit into the fasteners.


The torx screws were used so that it not tampered except by the facility of the service centers. Hence such changes to accessibilty was made so as to prevent unauthorised work. You need to buy the relevent screw driver to make it possible to remove the screws.
Please check the link for screwdrivers which you can also source from a hardware store.
http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Replace-Cracked-Scratch-Display/dp/B001O2T43M

Nov 14, 2011 | Emerson MW8107WA Microwave Oven

1 Answer

The oven hums and then shuts off within about 5 to 10 seconds of being started no matter what power level or time is set. The "keep warm" setting will run for the amount of time set but the food...


hi there
unfortunately your magnetron has failed and the thermal cut-out located on the top of it is cutting in to prevent overheating and possible fire risk.

regards

ian

Apr 17, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Blue film partly removed


The blue film is supposed to be removed. It is used only to protect the appliance from scratches during shipping. Some consumers mistakenly leave this film on thinking it will make the appliance last longer. Eventually, over years of use, the film becomes difficult to remove and may remove the finish if you try to peel it off. It is not required for the safe use of the microwave oven.

Jan 24, 2010 | Maytag MMV4205 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Blue film partly removed


The blue film is not required for the safe use of the microwave oven. It is supposed to be removed and is only used to protect the appliance from scratches during shipping. Some consumers mistakenly leave this film on thinking it will make the appliance last longer. Eventually, over years of use, the film becomes difficult to remove and may remove the finish if you try to peel it off. I hope this helps you.

Jan 24, 2010 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

The film on the inside of the microwave oven door has bubbled & is raised off the glass. Is it safe to use.


No, that must be patched or replaced. It's critical.

The film protects the door screen from getting food, grease or moisture in it, which can lead to corrosion and arcing.

The screen prevents microwave energy leakage, which can cause arcing and fire.

If the bad spot is not too big, you can cut it away and clean it squeaky clean and patch it with clear packing tape.

If it's too bad to patch, you'll have to see if you can get new film, or if you need to order the inner door panel or whole door.

You can locate Sanyo manuals, part distributors and authorized servicers here.

You can find Sanyo UK microwave owner's manuals here. You can find Sanyo UK support, parts and authorized servicers here.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Oct 29, 2009 | Sanyo Microwave Ovens

3 Answers

Scratches on microwave door


We have an over the range GE microwave and my wife was cooking some pasta on the stove and used the vent fan on the microwave to dissipate the steam and when we were done eating she noticed that the steam from the pasta had gotten in between the glass on the microwave door, how can we get rid of this any ideas.

Jan 07, 2008 | Viking DMOR205SS Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

256 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

8820 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

224 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...