- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
For crazy it may sound humidity could be affecting your unit. Its known the way microwaves work is exciting the water molecules, this creates vapor that will condense in cooler surfaces...well if that happens to be the electronic controls boards or other sensitive components your unit may react doing unexpected things. If it is an space saver oven on top of a range getting all the vapors from whatever is boiling, that adds to it. Also check your unit is connected to a verified grounded outlet. This is critical for the operation and for the longevity of your appliance.
It is a good possibility that the stirrer has failed. In the top of cabinet is a round cover,there is a small round plug in the edge of it,pry plug out and put it in safe place,rotate the cover < twist locks > gently let it down and stirrer will be either setting on cover or still attached. If you notice any damage< it is a round aluminum disc that is flat > then you need a new one. If you don't see any damage put it back in < put in hole and turn until you feel it line up with shaft and push into place,< gently >.Make note of position and put cover back on < stirrer does not lock on shaft so you have to hold it up until you get cover under it in most cases. Run a short cycle and remove cover to see if it turned at all. If not the motor is bad < turns stirrer during operation>. This is the first time that question has been asked of me and it is the only thing that I can think of if it heats glass and not food.
I have a GE over the range space saver microwave that was only 18 mos. old when it stopped heating. GE replaced the magnetron for us at no charge but since we did not have a service contract - they charged us $200 to install it. It only cost $375 new installed. Your choice.