I download movies from my computer to my Archos 504, and they play back without a problem. But when I play them on my tv using the docking station, they only show in black and white. What could be the problem. I'm using a S-video cable to connect the device to my television using a RF Modulator.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I bought songs from I tunes and I cant get my MP3 to syncronize and download the music. When I plug in to computer drive shows it there and music there, but when I unplug no music is found on my MP3. Please help me
you have to format your hd. for this conect your dvd player to pc. there is coming your hdd with a letter disk . click with the right button mouse and give format. after formating make sure to put some video from media player as described in your manual. (videos must be codec compatible to play). if is repeated same thing check your audi and video setting if nothing.... good luck i dont know another solution.
You should perform this when it is on
problem solve #1
* Press the reset button on the buttom of the device using a papr clip. It should shut it off. then try to turn it on again.
try the next if the problem still exist.
Problem solve 2
* Download the latest frimware from Archos.com on to the desktop on your computer ( i recommend desktop because it will be easy to find) Then plug the device to a pc Using USB cable. turn the archos on by holding power switch and TV/LCD buttons at the same time until a white screen comes up. it should ask for Usb. if it does pick the ubs. if it does not give you a USB option but these "NO", "REPAIRE", "FORMAT" move the curser to repaire. do not pick the format which will delete all the contents and plugins you have on your device.
after repaire completes it should say done. do not press the done wait until you see the archos connection under My computer. it should normaly come up with name 504 or you will be able to see the archos icon. place the firmware in to the main drirector not under any folder. then press the ok button to confirm the "done" device will power off and start with a white screen again but this time it will update the firmware and restart do not unplug the Usb cable until the update completes. It should restart again and load the normal user interface. Your device should be fine and back to normal.
1. Connect the archos to the TV ( using the 3 leads red/yellow/white into the TV or DVD player) and the other end of the lad, a single jack into the back of the archos mini set-top box. Plug the single jack into the "RV Output".
2. Then start playing a movie on the archos.
3. Then press down on the flat silver button on the top of the archos device. Your screen should turn black/blank. This means your sending your movie to your TV.
4. Tune your TV to find the Archos movie in the same way you would tune your TV to find another pay TV set-top box ( like cable TV or Satelite). Problem solved.
You can use the same steps to send archos music to your steroe. Just plug the audio leads (white & red) into your stereo instead of your TV.
quality of video? the playback is set by techs at the factory usally a boring screen with all the colors and black and white...it consistant the tech problably never tested it and passed it. they all need adjustments and precise to.
take it back for a exchange.