Question about Proform Crosswalk 500 Treadmill
1. You may have a belt and deck problem. Test by the following procedure: a) without the power on stand on the walking belt b) push the belt in the direction it normally turns c) if the belt is very difficult to turn (on most treadmill) this means that you have high belt/deck friction these parts will probably need replacement. On occasion, you may have already damaged the DC board if you have high belt/deck friction. If the belt walks freely, you have a different problem. 2. If it passes the belt/deck checks, you may have a DC board output problem. If the belt tests ok and you have a speed variation, try this test: a) Set the speed to 2.5 MPH. Let the treadmill run without anyone on the belt. Check to see if the speed is constant or if there is a variation. b) If there is no variation, step on the belt. If the speed slows down or speeds up, you may have an output problem on the DC board. This is the board that connects directly to the motor. 3. You may have a short in the motor. If you turn the machine on and have erratic speed, you could have a problem in the DC board or the motor or both. With a simple multi-meter, you can test on the continuity scale to see if you have a closed circuit between either DC motor lead and the common earth ground. You should always have an open circuit. 4. You may have a speed signal problem. Your controls on the upper panel send a signal to the lower electronics to help them set the appropriate speed. If there is a problem in the signal generator, the communication links, or in the feedback links, you will have erratic speed operation. a) Communications test- Look on the board for a flashing signal as you increase speed on the treadmill. Most boards have a signal feedback test light. If a LED flashes, your communication is ok. b) Feedback test- If your unit is equipped with an optical feedback (disk inside a sensor) you can swap the feedback unit with the incline (it is the same part on many Icon machines). If it tests ok, you don’t have a problem here. If it is a magnetic feedback unit, you can test continuity with a multi meter or replace with a new part to test. Many times passing a kitchen magnet in front of the signal will make a speed display on the console if the magnetic sensor is good.
Posted on Jul 19, 2010
I have a Proform 625 that was doing the same thing. It was a speed calibration issue. When I ran the calibration, the max speed went to 11.7mph - it was only supposed to be 10mph. All it took to fix was running the calibration and using a Phillips head screwdriver to turn a little yellow screw on the side board under the cover. Directions for calibration were taped under the cover or you can find calibration directions for Proforms online.
Posted on Jan 30, 2013
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 14, 2015 | Mercedes-Benz C-Class Cars & Trucks
on Apr 15, 2015 | GMC Cars & Trucks
Oct 10, 2011 | 2003 Chevrolet Impala
The WAVE OK indicator and the Tower Icon on the display will show if the time signal is successfully received or after manually pressing the SET/WAVE button
You can trigger a Signal Receive operation at any time by pressing the SET/WAVE button, which will activate the Signal Search function of the unit.
To Manually Set the Clock
To Set the Year and Date
1. Press SET/WAVE button after setting TIME ZONE and DST
2. Press + or - button sequentially to set the year (holding down the button will change the year at a high speed)
3. Press SET/WAVE button to confirm the year set and start the date process
4. Press + or - button sequentially to set the current date (holding down the button will change the date at a high speed)
NOTE: The weekday changes automatically depending on the year and date
To Set the Time
1. Press the SET/WAVE button after setting the calendar
2. Press + or - button sequentially to set the minutes (holding down the button will change the year at a high speed)
NOTE: Once you the press + or - button, the seconds will reset to 00
To set the 12/24 HR mode and the Temperature Mode
1. Press SET/WAVE button after setting the time
2. Press the + button to toggle between between 12HR and 24HR (military) modes
3. Press the - button to toggle between C and F temperature display mode
4. Press SET/WAVE button to confirm and quit the set mode
Dec 20, 2010 | Watches
Jul 01, 2010 | 2001 Audi A4
Jun 11, 2010 | Proform 785 CS Personal Trainer Treadmill
Mar 21, 2009 | ASUS (wl500g) Wireless Router
Feb 20, 2009 | 1998 Cadillac Eldorado
Sep 18, 2008 | Canon EOS 400D / Rebel XTi Digital Camera
Sep 21, 2007 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Jul 16, 2014 | Proform Crosswalk 500 Treadmill
804 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: