Question about Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
My TS-H653N CD Rom device does not work. What do I need to do. I am not very technologicallly adept.
Buy a new one and replace it. Follow this tutorial on how to do it:
1. shut off your computer.
2. Unplug the power cord from your computer and the rest of the wires from the back of the computer.
3. find a sturdy flat surface on which to work on
4. unscrew all screws from the back of your computer except the power supply screws. You will make a mess if you unscrew the power supply screws.
5. open your computer up by taking the side panel off, or sliding the cover off.
6. unplug all plugs from the back of the cd-rom drive, there should be an IDE (wide) plug, a cd plug (small) and a power plug (medium).
7. unscrew the 4 holding screws on both sides of the cd-rom drive.
8. now, you just have to remove the cd-rom drive, carefully by sliding it either forward. Check the jumpers on your new cd-rom before moving to the next step. A typical cd-rom drive should be set on slave if it is using the same IDE cable on the same cable.
9. Do everything in reverse to install a new one.
Posted on Jul 19, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 12, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Mar 24, 2010 | Samsung TS-H492A/RSWN CD-RW/DVD-ROM...
Mar 02, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Dec 12, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Nov 28, 2009 | Dell Dimension 2400 PC Desktop
Oct 10, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5500 5570-2609 Laptop
Sep 15, 2009 | Computers & Internet
May 29, 2009 | HP Pavilion DV6700T Notebook
May 10, 2009 | HP Pavilion a1610n PC Desktop
167 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!