Question about Computers & Internet
1. Reboot your machine.
2. Press F8 before the Windows boot screen appears. Do not press F5 as used on the NT/9x ser of Windows. You will be be prompted with a boot options menu.
3.Select the Start Windows in Safe Mode option.
4. Click through several self-explanatory screens until your reach the familiar 'Welcome' screen.
5.Find the icon for the Administrator user
6. The Safe Mode Welcome screen might display some of the other users on your system.
7. Login as the admin.
8. Press Yes at the prompt asking if you would like to continue using Safe Mode.
9. Continue on to the User Settings control panel.
10. Reboot your computer
11. Login as the user for which you set the password
Setting new password
Posted on Jul 18, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 24, 2013 | Dell LATITUDE Computers & Internet
Apr 10, 2013 | Dell Inspiron 1420 Laptop
Jan 07, 2011 | Dell Inspiron 2200 Notebook
Jan 05, 2011 | Sylvania G-Netbook
Mar 11, 2010 | Dell Computers & Internet
Feb 14, 2010 | Dell Latitude D600 Notebook
Nov 17, 2009 | Dell Inspiron Notebook
Aug 27, 2007 | Computers & Internet
74 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!