First, you need to download the PC Suite for your phone. Next, you need to update your phone's software. (Note: you will need a USB- data cable specifically made for your phone if you don't already have one.)
- Internet connection (preferably broadband)
- USB cable
- For updating PC cards you need a PC card slot.
- Intel® Pentium® 4, 2.0 GHz or higher, AMD Athlon
- 500 MB free hard disk space.
- 512 MB RAM
- 1 available USB 2.0 port
- Windows XP™ (Home or Professional) with SP2 or later.
- Microsoft® Windows Vista™ (32/64 bit).
- Microsoft® Windows 7 (32/64 bit).
Then,click on this website:
Sony Ericsson W550i Support
And, download both of these programs on your PC.
Install the PC Suite first. Then run the phone's update program.
Java is installed from the factory and cannot be repaired when it stops working properly - unless you install an update program to the phone.
Take your time, be patient and follow all of the instructions exactly.
The update program may wipe all of your applications off your phone, so use the PC Suite to make a back-up of your files before you begin to update your phone.
You'll have your phone operating as good as new in no time at all.