Question about Jl Audio 300/2 Car Audio Amplifier
1) Check the Subwoofer for continuity - At the subwoofer, one at a time, test the terminals for Continuity using your Digital Multi-Meter; if your DMM doesn't have a Continuity test, use the Resistance, or Ohms, test and check for Resistance in the Subwoofer Coil (be sure to disconnect the subwoofer wiring before performing these tests).
2) If they test out good, hook the wires back up and test the terminals at the terminal cup or at the Amp hookup if you didn’t use a terminal, don't hook it up to the amp yet. Sometimes the wiring inside the box can be a problem if it has come loose, or isn't making a great connection.
3) If you have a Sub or multiple Subs with Dual Voice Coils, or multiple Subs with Single Voice Coils, make sure your wiring is correct by checking here:
4) Make sure there are no Hi-Pass filters, crossovers, or multi Channel switches enabled.
5) Replace your RCA cable/s with known working RCA cable/s from the Source/Head Unit to the Amplifier/s.
6) Check your Head Unit settings; make sure the Bass is turned up and/or the Subwoofer setting is turned On.
7) If you are still getting no or low output, try plugging in an MP3 player or CD player using a headphone to RCA adaptor and check for sound output. If there is still no or low output, your Amplifier outputs are probably burned out.
I’m happy to help further over the phone at https://www.6ya.com/expert/jeremy_69f3cc28d95bf514
Posted on Jul 18, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 01, 2014 | Hifonics Car Audio & Video
Nov 20, 2010 | Jl Audio 12W7 Car Subwoofer
Jun 12, 2010 | Pioneer Car Amplifier GM-5100T - 2CH 760...
May 22, 2009 | Jl Audio 500/1 Car Audio Amplifier
Nov 04, 2008 | Jl Audio 500/1 Car Audio Amplifier
Sep 30, 2008 | Jl Audio 300/2 Car Audio Amplifier
201 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: