Question about Microwave Ovens
Posted by Anonymous on
Mine is JMV8166BAS over-the-range model, and yours may be similar. Disconnect electric source (pull plug, or turn off circuit breaker).
1. Locate and remove 2 Phillips head screws on top projecting from cabinet/wall,etc,
2. Carefully & slowly, slide entire front vent 1/4" towards your left simultaneously pulling toward you.
3. Remove vent filter, if any.
4. In very center maybe beneath filter space, locate approx.4" width aluminum colored metal cover, possibly held in place with Phillips head screw.
5. Remove screw, exposing small light bulb.
6. Gently pull back on bulb, replace with identical wattage, 120V bulb from big box or appliance store.
7. Human touch may shorten life of bulb, so carefully push wire prongs into plastic bulb inlet socket using whatever allows you to grip bulb in the limited space.
8. Reverse 5 - 1 for reassembly. Before replacing vent assembly, notice the small notched angle clips on the bottom before aligning to microwave unit, as these were slightly tricky on my unit when inserting & sliding assembly 1/4" toright.
Posted on Nov 20, 2010
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 31, 2010 | Jenn-Air JMC7000 Microwave Oven
Sep 10, 2010 | Jenn-Air Microwave Ovens
Jan 04, 2009 | Jenn-Air JMC7000 Microwave Oven
Sep 30, 2008 | Jenn-Air JMC7000 Microwave Oven
May 01, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
Apr 29, 2008 | Jenn-Air JMV8208AAS Microwave Oven
Dec 17, 2007 | Jenn-Air JMC7000 Microwave Oven
92 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!