Question about Delta Model 470: Signature Kitchen Pull-Down/Out Faucet - White

1 Answer

The water leaks from the top of the valve when the handle is fully opened.

Posted by Anonymous on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 760 Answers

You may have to put a new repair kit in faucet, but you might try tightening the adjusting nut under the handle. Loosen set screw in handle, and remove handle. There is a nut there with 4 notches in it. Delta gives you a combo allen wrench/spanner wrench for this. Try to tighten this nut. If you can't you can buy a new repair kit for this valve for about 10.00 that comes with wrench

Posted on Jul 18, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I have overall good water pressure until recently now good cold water BUT hot water not so hot and very low pressure?????

It sounds like you have a scale problem which can seriously affect your water flow. If the water heater is older than 10 yrs, then this may be your problem.
If so, try draining the htr. First off, turn your heater off. If electric, turn off 30 amp two-pole breaker in your elec panel. Your elements may also be scaled up, thereby reducing their effectiveness. If you have little hot water, your bottom element and t-stat may be bad. If the electric heater is older than 10 yrs old, then you may want to consider replacing it as the average lifespan of a heater is about ten years. If gas, just turn the control knob all the way down. Attach a garden hose to your heater drain valve. Run the hose outside and open the drain valve with the water supply to the htr still on. This uses water pressure to blow out the scale that is likely clogging the drain valve. Blow it out for ten seconds, and then shut the valve feeding water to the htr.
Shutting the valve creates a vacuum so the draining will slow way down. To speed this up, turn on hot water all around the house. Do not do this with single handle faucets because cold water will cross over. Only the hot on two handle faucets should be opened.
If you don't have any two handle faucets, you can either turn off the water main and open the single handle faucets, or flip the lever up on the relief valve located on top or on the side near the top. Pull it so that it sticks straight out. This locks it in the open position and allows air to enter, and water to exit. Drain until no more water comes out.
Please keep in mind that if your heater is old, the scale may be the only thing keeping it from leaking, and this may expose that leak.
If none of this works, your inlet and/or outlet on the heater may be scaled up. This requires the removal of piping and scraping out the scale. Once again, if the htr is old, (over 10) you may want to consider just replacing it.

Mar 28, 2018 | Water Water Heaters

1 Answer

`hot water spout handle not fully opening

When opening the faucet if the flow is not as it used to be, there could be a couple of reasons. First the machine may not be filling correctly. Check the fill probe is clean and free of scale.
The most likely scenario is that the rubber seal within the faucet has become detached and is therefor not lifting correctly. You will need to contact your local Bunnomatic service agent to either request a repair or get the seal to fit yourself. Remember to drain water out of the boiler with the machine switched off, and ensure there is no flow from the faucet before you remove the top section of the faucet to replace the seal
bb4a0281-cb42-4d60-98d7-98e5258fd47d.jpg 66a2710c-cd82-4a2e-ab14-31eb46f75843.jpg

Jan 24, 2013 | Bunn Dual TF DBC Coffee Maker

1 Answer

Fixed leaking faucet, now handles leak at the base & the water pressure is low

No, air can't get trapped in there. I don't think you did anything wrong. It sounds like the valve or internal parts are worn more than new washers take up for. Tightening down the valve just reduced travel for valve to open fully. Can't think of a fix; where's that joe da plumber?

Nov 23, 2011 | Plumbing

1 Answer

When operating, water leaks from the edge of the filter holder. Could there be leakages within the water pump system enclosed within the housing? Are there any tools suitable to remove the warming plate?...

Hi had the same problem. Probably it is the steam/hot water valve that leaks. I just bypassed it since you can not find it anymore & is from plastick, not reparable at all. Open top cover, see if at the right, where the handle to choose steam is the plastic valve is leaking or if it is covered with white powder (residu of calc of the vapourated water). If so this is the problem. Disconnect at te bottem of the valve the tube coming from the heater. (untighten the screw, pull tube out the hole, it is a sort of press fitting with a rubber ring) . Do the same with the connection on top of the heating blok and fit the first disconnected tube in it. No leak anymore. You can not have heated water or steam anymore. But coffee works again. Best is also to fix the staem handle into the neutral position, or disconnect the wires on the switches an put them permanently in the neutral status. (one switch is closed, the other is open. So nobody can trigger the steam anymore. Will not be ok since tubing is changed. Succes.

Feb 27, 2011 | Bodum GRANOS (3020-16US) Espresso Machine

1 Answer

Pressure releif valve leaking

Hot water pressure relief valves serve two functions. The first is to remove high-pressure water from the hot water tank. The second function is to act as a high temperature valve to remove water that exceeds a predetermined point for the valve. Both of these relief settings are preset at the valve factory. Many pressure relief valves will come with a metal tag that identifies these release points. If you're attempting to remove the hot water heater pressure relief valve, pay careful attention to ensure that you replace with the correct valve.

Your hot water heater has a pressure relief valve safety mechanism. When pressure inside the water tank exceeds certain limitations, the valve opens up to allow the pressure to be released. A faulty pressure relief valve will not release excess pressure, which could cause extensive damage to your home. You should test the hot water heater pressure relief valve once every six months to ensure proper operation. If the pressure relief valve fails the test, replace the valve with a new one immediately

Locate the pressure relief valve on your hot water heater. The pressure relief valve has a lever handle on top with a drain pipe attached to it. The pressure relief valve is most often on the side of the water tank toward the top. Newer models of hot water heaters have the pressure relief valve on top of the water tank.

  • Inspect the area around the pressure relief valve for signs of leaking water. If there is leaking water near the relief valve connection, replace the relief valve. If no leaking is evident, proceed with testing the pressure valve.

  • 3

    Examine the area below the pressure relief valve drain pipe. Most water heater closets either have a drain in the floor below the pipe or the pipe is inserted into another pipe to direct the water out of the home. If the end of your drain pipe is not in another pipe or there is no drain in the floor, place a bucket under the drain pipe to catch water when you test the pressure relief valve.

  • 4

    Pull the lever handle on the top of the pressure relief valve up with your fingers. A working lever will lift up without difficulty.You should begin to hear water going through the drain pipe. Slowly release the lever to shut off the pressure relief valve. The pressure relief valve is good. If you did not hear water running through the drain pipe, lower the lever on the pressure relief valve and replace the valve. If the lever is difficult to raise, do not force the lever. Replace the pressure relief valve.

  • Now with all that said if you have a closed loop water supply system and you have a pressure vessal/expantion tank it may have gone bad and is making the TP valve leak. you can call your water provider to see if you have closed loop system.

    Feb 04, 2011 | Whirlpool Water Heaters

    1 Answer

    My baxi combi 100 he plus keeps losing pressure cant find a leak anywhere inside but some water coming outside from expansion pipe?

    If you are having a small amount of water loss thru t&p valve then the valve may just be getting old and need relaced,If yours is a typical valve there will be a small handle in the center on the valve face. Open this valve by pulling straight back on handle end. If it's too hard to open dom' t force it. If you can open it then do so 4-5 times in a hurry ad when it closes tap on on the center of valve where the pivot point for valve handle is. Just tap it lightly and see if the leak slows down or stops. If so I would go ahead and replace the valve. Thank you

    Jan 03, 2011 | Heating & Cooling

    1 Answer

    When faucet is fully closed hot water keeps on leaking.

    You need to replace the valve stem. Turn off house water, locate and loosen handle set screw, remove cylindrical cover, and remove retaining nut to access stem. Take e stem with you to a home store or plumbing supply house for accurate relacement.

    Oct 05, 2010 | Moen & Posi-Temp Single Handle Shower Or...

    1 Answer

    Leaking Delta kitchen faucet dual handle

    Pry the hot/cold button off the top of the handle. Make sure the water is turned off below the sink.

    Under the button should be screws. Remove the screws. Pry the handle off. Remove the stems by lifting then out.

    That should give you access to the washers you need to change.

    Apr 25, 2009 | Delta Faucet DELTA/PEERLESS FAUCET CO....

    1 Answer

    The pan at the bottom of the water heater is leaking through the attached valve. Do I need to call the plumber immediately or is this normal? The water heater is still producing hot water.

    Now, the pipe that leads from the base water pan should lead to the wall where the water can go outside. If you see water in it, but very little in the pan, then you have water from outside (rain or water hose) coming inside the house. You should have a valve, usually on the side of the water tank near the top that looks like brass with a silver 'flip' handle on it. There may be some plastic pvc pipe attached to it as well. If the water is coming from this valve then you need to have the valve replaced. You may get some extra time by gently tapping the valve where the handle is attached with a mallet so that the valve seats itself. This valve is a pressure release valve. If the water in the tank gets too hot or water pressure gets too high, this valve will open to relieve that pressure. it doesn't happen often, so if this is the first time you have seen it and it doesn't seem to be leaking any more, I would not worry about it. If it is still leaking, you can get a replacement relief valve from your local Lowe's or hardware/lumber yard. They usually cost less than $20 USD

    Mar 29, 2009 | American Standard Water Heaters

    2 Answers

    How do I, myself, fix a faucet leak?

    Faucets in general operate either with a one handle valve stem or valve stems that uses small pieces of rubber to precent the water flow. In a single handle model this is usually caused by mineral deposits building up and the valve not being able to fully restrict the flow of water. The fix here is usually a new stem. On models that use a two handle system and do have replaceable valve stems one must get a repacement seat from a hadware store and reinstall the stem. In extreme cases the valve body may need to be ground internally and will require a professional. If you do not a have replaceable stems than the only alternative is a new faucet. I hope this assists you and thanks for using Fix Ya.

    Oct 29, 2008 | Plumbing

    Not finding what you are looking for?
    Delta Model 470: Signature Kitchen Pull-Down/Out Faucet - White Logo

    302 people viewed this question

    Ask a Question

    Usually answered in minutes!

    Top Delta Plumbing Experts

    john h

    Level 3 Expert

    16408 Answers

    Craig Butler
    Craig Butler

    Level 3 Expert

    1723 Answers


    Level 3 Expert

    4354 Answers

    Are you a Delta Plumbing Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

    Answer questions

    Manuals & User Guides