Question about White Mountain F69206X 6 Quart Ice Cream Maker
The motor runs the top turns but the icecream just freezes on the aside of the bucket there is no agitation from the dasher. any assistance will be appreciated it is a 6qt freezer and i have make about 7 freezers of ice cream so it is fairly new.
On a white mountain, the dasher does not move at all. Its the can that turns about the dasher. If your unit has worked for a while, I'd say its probably not because of what Sam describes, but rather the gear set inside the unit is worn. They will become so worn that they no longer mesh. So the motor turns, but the output does not. You can either buy a new unit or have the one you have repaired. See this website.
Posted on Aug 28, 2012
We have used White Mountain 6 quart freezers for over 20 years and have experienced this problem with 4 separate malfunctions causing it.
1. For some reason the square shaft at top of dasher does not penetrate far enough into the motor assembly. this allows the dasher to hang free while everything else seems to function properly. We learned that if you have everything ready and want to make sure the outer freezing doesn't occur, place a 3/8 inch slice of a potato over the male spindle in bottom of wooden bucket. This jacks the can up with the dasher inside and causes the shaft to go up into the motor and work.
2. Some cans had a female plate attached to the bottom on the outside to fit down over the male spindale in the wooden bucket. This plate has been known to become detached and lost allowing the can, dasher, and everything to drop down far enough to disengage the square shaft from the motor. The potato slice will usually resolve the problem.
3. A more permanant fix is to remove the male spindale from inside the bottom of the wooden bucket and place stainless steel washers under it to jack it up, and screw it back down with stainless screws.
4. Even if the entire male spindle becomes detached and lost from the bottom inside of the wooden bucket, we have found that a healthy potato slice works as a temporary fix. While the spindle is designed to keep the can centered in the wood tub, once the ice is placed around the can, it seems to stay centered and makes ice cream.
5. We think we have improved the situation on several occaisions by tightening the screws holding the wood scrapers to the metal dasher. We try to leave a little looseness in the screws--about 1/4 inch of free play. The scrapers are designed to pull out against the inside of the can as they turn and resistance to the mix occurs, but we think it is possible for them to be so loose that they get hung slightly away from the edge of the can and once freezing starts, it continues to multiply and creates a layer of insulation leaving the inside liquid.
6. At one point some of the lids were made of a very light aluminum type material. A tab on the inside of the rim of the lid was also light metal and attached in such a manner that they could become detached or distorted so that it failed to mate up with the tab inside the can. Current models have a heavy molded lid with the tab molded into it. We never had a problem with the molded lids, but practically all the light weight ones eventually failed. As the lid turns it's tab engages the tab inside the can and turns the can with the mix in it. If the tab becomes distorted or broken, the lid will turn normally and everything looks great, but the can of mix is standing still with no stirring. Therefore a film of freezing mix forms around the inside of the can.
7. Sorry about overloading you with information, but you probably can resolve your problem with one of these fixes.
Posted on Jul 20, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 10, 2013 | Sunbeam Slushies Snow Cone Maker Snowcone...
Mar 04, 2011 | Nostalgia Electrics ICMP-400BLUE Ice Cream...
Aug 15, 2010 | Rival 8550-X 5 Quart Ice Cream Maker
Jul 10, 2010 | Rival 8550-X 5 Quart Ice Cream Maker
Jun 27, 2010 | Rival 8550-X 5 Quart Ice Cream Maker
May 25, 2010 | Maximatic Elite 4 Quart Ice Cream Maker
Mar 21, 2010 | White Mountain F69206X 6 Quart Ice Cream...
Jul 17, 2009 | Rival F69206 6 Quart Ice Cream Maker
Jun 24, 2008 | Rival 8550-X 5 Quart Ice Cream Maker
Jun 12, 2008 | Rival 8704 4 Quart Ice Cream Maker
Sep 15, 2013 | White Mountain F69206X 6 Quart Ice Cream...
357 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: