Question about Bissell 9500 ProHeat 2X CleanShot Upright Deep Cleaner, Red Berends Vacuum
If no cleansing solution or water will spray out check to ensure there is liquid in the water tank and the formula bottle.
Note: This machine will spray with liquid in the Water tank only if the machine is set to the Water Rinse setting. On any other setting, you need to have liquid in the formula tank as well.
If no: add liquid to the Water tank and the Formula tank.
If yes: check each of the following....
- Check the bottom of the Water Tank and the Formula Tank to make sure each has a red auto-load gasket attached. Make sure the Water Tank and the Formula Tank are seated properly.
- Ensure the tank lid is properly attached to the bottom of the tank. To attach this properly, remove the Water Tank from the machine. Hook the front window onto the lip of the bottom container and then allow the window with lid to cover the complete tank. Secure the latch on the back of the bottom tank to the back of the tank lid. THE TANK LID CANNOT BE ATTACHED PROPERLY IF THE BOTTOM TANK IS ALREADY INSTALLED IN THE MACHINE.
-If everything is seated and attached properly, prime the machine by turning off the power, waiting one minute, and then turning the power back on and depressing the trigger on the handle.
- If priming the unit fails to fix the problem, remove the handle completely and re-attach. Once the handle is re-attached, re-attempt to spray.
If the machine continues to not spray, check the following:
REMOVE THE COLLECTION TANK:
• Make sure the unit is set to water rinse
• Remove the smart mix bottle and fill it with water only
• Place the smart mix bottle into the collection tank reservoir
• Run the unit and try to spray. If the machine sprays, you will be able to see the water level decreasing in the smart mix bottle and you will need to replace the bottom tank. It is possibly warped.
Thanks for contacting Fixya.
Posted on Jul 18, 2010
Possible Cause Remedies
1. Water tank may be empty. 1. Fill heavy duty bladder with hot tap water.
2. Formula tank may be empty. 2. Fill formula tank with BISSELL Fiber
Cleansing Formula for cleaning.
3. Tank may not be seated completely. 3. Turn power OFF ( O ). Remove and
4. Pump may have lost prime. 4. Turn power OFF ( O ) and then back
ON ( I ). Wait one minute, then
Here is a copy of the owner manual for your use.
Posted on Jul 17, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 14, 2018 | Bissell Vacuums
Sep 27, 2014 | Bissell 1425-1 Little Green ProHeat...
Jan 26, 2013 | Bissell Brushroll Proheat 2X 8920 9200...
Jun 11, 2017 | Hoover F7431-900 SteamVac Vacuum
Nov 19, 2010 | Bissell PowerSteamer Deep Cleaner Plum...
Jun 06, 2010 | Bissell 1699 ProHeat Clear View Upright...
Aug 31, 2009 | Vacuums
Apr 10, 2009 | Bissell 9500 ProHeat 2X CleanShot Upright...
May 11, 2008 | Bissell 1699 ProHeat Clear View Upright...
411 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!