Question about Compaq Presario SR1030NX (DW256A#ABA) PC Desktop
In the case that a new hard drive has been installed, this message is quite normal.
Just insert the correct CD to install the system (usually Windows), then restart, while making
sure the CD-ROM is first in the defined in the BIOS setup as first boot sequence.
Posted on Feb 17, 2011
Your boot file on your hard drive may have been corrupted. You need to start the computer with your operating system disc in the drive, and hopefully it will be able to repair your operating system. good Luck!
Posted on Jul 17, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 23, 2015 | HP Computers & Internet
Mar 27, 2013 | ASUS P4SP-MX Motherboard
Jan 26, 2013 | Computers & Internet
1. Make sure the computer is turned off.
2. If any peripheral devices, except the optional external CD-ROM drive unit
(CE-CD05), are connected to your computer, disconnect them.
3. Turn on the computer.
4. When the message Press <F2> to enter SETUP appears, press F2. The
Setup Utility opens.
5. Insert the Product Recovery CD-ROM disk 1 into the CD-ROM drive.
6. In the Exit menu, select Load Setup Defaults; then, press Enter twice.
7. In Boot Sequence of the Main menu, set CD-ROM Drive to the top of the list;
then, press ESC.
8. In the Exit menu, confirm Exit Saving Changes is highlighted and press
9. Read the message on the screen, and select the operating system which you
had selected for the first time you use the computer; then, press Enter.
You cannot change the operating system from the first choice.
10. Read the message on the screen, and select the way to recover your system;
then, press Enter.
11. Read the message and select Continue; then, press Enter.
12. Read the message and select Continue again; then, press Enter.
13. If you see the message asking you to insert the Product Recovery CD-ROM
disk 2, remove the disk 1 and insert the disk 2; then, press Enter.
14. If you see the message asking you to insert the Product Recovery CD-ROM
disk 3, remove the disk 2 and insert the disk 3; then, press Enter.
15. If you see the message The Operating System has been recovered
successfully, remove the Product Recovery CD-ROM disk 3. The system will
16. When the message Press <F2> to enter SETUP appears, press F2. The
Setup Utility opens.
17. In the Exit menu, select Load Setup Defaults; then, press Enter twice.
18. In the Exit menu, confirm Exit Saving Changes is highlighted and press
Enter twice. The system restarts.
19. Set up Windows, following the instructions on the screen. When you finish
the setup, the recovery is completed.
Jun 02, 2011 | Sharp PC UM20 PC Notebook
Jan 29, 2011 | Microsoft Computers & Internet
Dec 06, 2009 | Gateway GT5028 PC Desktop
May 24, 2009 | Foxconn G31MX-K socket LGA775 motherboard
Apr 03, 2007 | Acer (91.AB033.041) 73 GB Hard Drive
125 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: