Question about Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
F28 is a serial communication error between the motor control and the machine control board.
The Check all connections between the boards--- if everything looks good 95% of the time the board that is bad is the machine control board NOT the motor control board. Replace and access this part by taking the top panel off--- it is held in by a few screws coming in from the back holding on the top of the unit.
If you are not very handy or a mechanic you may want to have a hands on tech do this work. As per service manual , the solution is given as :-
1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
2. Check wire harness connections to the MCU, the motor, and
Central Control Unit (CCU).
– Check connections of the CCU board within the housing.
– Make sure all grounding switches are engaged.
3. Check the drive system for any worn or failed components.
4. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
5. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic Test or any
6. Check the MCU by looking for operations of the drive motor.
7. Check the drive motor for powered rotations.
8. Check that the serial harness at the MCU is not mounted
upside down. The wires should be to the left when facing
the MCU connectors.
However, i would strongly recommend that you should call technician for this Error as this is quite tricky and needs some good intelligent guess on the basis of the diagnostic tests.
Let me know,if needed further assistance.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on Jul 17, 2010
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 12, 2015 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Jun 27, 2011 | Whirlpool Duet Sport HT WFW8400TE Washer
Jan 25, 2011 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Oct 02, 2010 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Jul 26, 2010 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Jun 27, 2010 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
May 04, 2010 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Dec 19, 2008 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Dec 13, 2008 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
52 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: