Question about Hampton Bay AC414-LRU 52'' Kemper Collection Rustic Finish Ceiling Fan
In general, the steps are:
1. Turn off power at the breaker -- not just the light switch.
(There are still "hot" wires in the junction box when "Off".)
2. Take out any light bulbs.
3. Remove any light globes. Some screw in, but most are held by springs so just pull gently with a bit of force.
4. Remove fan blades. Most have a spring at the inside edge of the blade -- press down on the spring and push the blade toward the fan motor.
5. Remove the ceiling mount cover. There is usually a circular ring up next to the ceiling; just twist it off with your hands ("lefty - loosy, righty-tighty").
6. Unscrew the ceiling mount screws. Usually there is one or two in a "simple" hole, and two one "sliding" slots. Take out the "simple" screws, and loosen (but don't remove) the "sliding" screws. Be careful not to drop screws or washers into the fan motor.
7. Twist off the ceiling mount cover to expose the wiring.
8. Disconnect all wires. For safety, put a wire nut on the wires from the ceiling.
9. Tip the fan and remove it from the ceiling mount. Keep in mind that the fan is pretty heavy, and you're on a ladder!
NOTE: Be careful not to put any pressure on any of the blade holders, especially if you intend to re-use the fan. If you do, the blades will wobble.
10. If you're installing a new fan, you can probably re-use the mount. If you want to put up a simple light fixture, remove the mount by unscrewing the two long screws holding it to the junction box.
Posted on Aug 15, 2010
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 06, 2015 | Hunter 52" Ceiling Fan With Light And...
Jun 05, 2012 | Toyota RAV4 Cars & Trucks
May 23, 2011 | Heating & Cooling
Jan 08, 2011 | Frigidaire Refrigerators
Jan 08, 2011 | Haier Refrigerators
May 06, 2010 | Dometic Rooftop RV Air Conditioner
Apr 29, 2010 | Hampton Bay 46056 Callaway II Ceiling Fan
Nov 03, 2009 | Westinghouse Refrigerators
Sep 06, 2009 | Hampton Bay 54 In. 5-Blade Fan, Chestnut,...
Jun 01, 2014 | Hampton Bay AC414-LRU 52'' Kemper...
136 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: