I'm having problems with an email in my outbox. It was to big to send and now i can't get rid of it and its causing all sorts of problems with sending and receiving other emails. I'm using Outlook and my O/S is Vista.
I have tried cancelling it, deleting it, opening it and shift delete to get rid of it but nothing seems to work.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This is one way I've found to delete an email stuck in the outbox (which is what it "sounds like" you are asking...)
1. change ya smtp settings so the message defo wont send!
2. send a test email to anyone
3. it will attempt to send but oversiously fail...
4. hopefully the outbox should be listed with 1 message waiting to go out...
5. if not, try going into the Activity Window and canceling the send command, that should show it up...
6. click the Outbox and the will be one message listed...
7. goto View -> then Show Favourites Bar
8. you should see a favourites bar appear...
9. simply drop and drag the Outbox into your favourites bar...
10. if you restart ur laptop or close mail and then the Outbox has disappeard, simply click the Outbox in you favourites tab and woop woop it should appear in the Side Bar
First of u should know about he limit of attachment, if its ur orgazniation email account then u should ask for the attachement sending policy most organizations r allowing only 5 mb attachment to send, if you r using gmail with outlook then gmail will allow u to send up to 20 mb attachment. before u cancel the message from the outbox u need to cancle the send/recive once that cancled u will be able to easily delete the message from outbox.if you r not able to open outlook u need to close ur outlook from taskmanager , open the process tab and close the outlook.exe session. or you can restart your computer and open ur outlook. u can open ur outlook safe mode to delete that sending file.
To get rid of the annoying icon on the bottom of the screen. Go to your Messages and go to the Outbox folder. You should see the message that failed to send and it should say "Pending", just mark it and delete it. The annoying icon should now be gone from your screen.
try to right click the picture and click delete. Once you have deleted all the pictures, If the pictures are from your email sent to you... SAVE it in JPEG format to minimized file size. then try attached all pictures to your email and send